Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sb58

macrumors 6502a
May 14, 2006
Hades
w00t caught Uxie :D
going for Azelf next, and waiting to get another masterball before i go for Mesprit.

seen 142 pokemon too!

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
Sorry mate. I'm back in time with a wired router till we get our broadband updated :eek: in the mean time what Pokemon do you want? I'll get everything ready and waiting till we're back on wireless.

Could you do me a favor and send me Turtwig and Chimchar as well? Once I switch our network back to WEP for a bit I'll put up my friend code.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I should be able too, I left Chimchar at Carolines (god, it almost makes them sound real) so I'm not sure when I'll get that one back. The others are totally fine. Would you like them holding Rare Candy or anything like that? :cool:

sb58

macrumors 6502a
May 14, 2006
Hades
ah that sucks :p
i used mine on Dialga and now i regret that, i should have used it on Mesprit :p

ghall

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
Just got Pokémon Pearl today.

My friend code is: 2663 8763 8323

Edit: And my name is Kimmy. (I'm a guy in real life, but it's sort of a tradition for me to choose the girl charachter and name her Kimmy. Don't ask why.)

My current lineup:
Budew level 10
Starly level 10
Chinchar level 10
Shinx level 10
and Geodude level 8

Tom B.

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2006
London
Wow! Just caught Dialga with a single Dusk Ball!

Turn 1: I used Close Combat with Infernape, and Dialga's health was on red.
Turn 2: I switched to Gengar.
Turn 3: Used Hypnosis, Dialga is now asleep.
Turn 4: Threw Dusk Ball. Success!

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
They are very easy to catch! Quick ball did nothing (didn't think so!) just used my super high defence Pokemon to keep it at bay whilst I gave Palkia status's from hell. Ultraball. Bam!

I'm still chuffed that I caught Mewtwo in FireRed using a great ball :D

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I've no idea! I just went to that unknown cave place after the Elite 4 (rushing through just to catch him :D ) and there he was. Maybe talk to Professor Oak? Was a while ago now.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
how'd you get to mewtwo? i went back hoping to get him but the cavern was blocked... i had already beaten the elite four too :(

I've no idea! I just went to that unknown cave place after the Elite 4 (rushing through just to catch him :D ) and there he was. Maybe talk to Professor Oak? Was a while ago now.

sb58 you need to give Celio the Sapphire. Have you been to the Islands?

B

Avenger23

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2001
Clovis, NM
I just got Pokemon Diamond earlier this week. I'm working on getting my Pokemon leveled up and working on my 3rd badge. Below is a list of my Pokemon/levels and my FC.

Torterra: LV 32
Luxio: LV 29
Roselia: LV 29
Ponyta: LV 14
Buizel: LV 11

FC: 0945 8913 4628
Name: Curtis

Tom B.

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2006
London
They are very easy to catch! Quick ball did nothing (didn't think so!) just used my super high defence Pokemon to keep it at bay whilst I gave Palkia status's from hell. Ultraball. Bam!
My brother just caught Palkia with relative ease too, well 3 ultra balls.
To anyone who is quite far through the game, are the rest of the Diamond & Pearl legendaries as easy to catch?
I'm still chuffed that I caught Mewtwo in FireRed using a great ball :D
It took me 3 ultra balls to catch Mewtwo in Fire Red, which at the time amazed me, as, all together, the legendary birds took about 5 hours and a huge amount of restarts to catch.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I'm definitely having trouble catching the Mirage Pokemon. I got into battle with one of them but the damn thing fled. Restarted and retraced my steps and it switched course! Must be random this time.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
I'm definitely having trouble catching the Mirage Pokemon. I got into battle with one of them but the damn thing fled. Restarted and retraced my steps and it switched course! Must be random this time.

I ended up using a master ball on Mesprit, Uxie and Azelf were easy catches with ~3 dusk balls each.

To corner Mesprit, find a patch of grass outside a town. Every time you go in or out of the town it'll move, as soon as it's in your patch of grass, look for it there and try to catch it. If it flees, start again. I got tired of this after a few tries so I threw the master ball at it.

B

sb58

macrumors 6502a
May 14, 2006
Hades

there's a Poketch app that allows you to follow where it is. Get it from the Poketch Headquarters in... Jubilife?

and Mesprit can flee even if its asleep... kinda cheap...

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Spent a few hours chasing them. Got all 3 now :D currently using the blond(e?) one as he's a good 10 levels higher than my current roster. Spent way too long levelling up Pokemon I was never going to use later in the game :eek:

Tom B.

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2006
London
My progress is gonna slow down a bit now, i came off my bike this morning and broke my wrist and messed up my favourite watch pretty badly :mad:. So I'll have to play my DS with one hand for about a month and a half. Typing takes a while with only one hand too. :eek:

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
I finally made it to the Elite Four last night and got creamed by the Solarbeam guy. (third trainer). Anyone have thoughts on how to manage him, I was thinking of surfing his rapidash into oblivion, but am not sure how well that'll play out. :p

My team is Dialga, Infernape, Floatzel, Chatot, Machoke, Staraptor all in the high 40s to mid 50s.

My son caught his Palkia after I helped him through the Galactic boss with a single dusk ball and is now chasing the three mirages....

B

FleurDuMal

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
London Town
So where can I import this into the UK?! I've tried ordering of Renchi.com, but it comes up with an error message about addresses every time it takes me to Paypal to pay. :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.