Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
So I beat the Elite 4. That was a tough game :eek: So glad I stocked up on healers and junk just before. I love the moment when you beat the Elite 4 and you're presented with so many more new things. The games just expand.

sb58

macrumors 6502a
May 14, 2006
Hades
can anyone tell me what to do about these dang trees? how long before a pokemon should show up?
btw jimmi, you ready to trade me that egg? :p

it5five

macrumors 65816
May 31, 2006
New York
You have to wait ~24 hours for the pokemon to show up in the honey tree. Don't reset the time on the DS either, because the game knows you did and makes you wait 12 hours for any time based events if you change the time.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
You have to wait ~24 hours for the pokemon to show up in the honey tree. Don't reset the time on the DS either, because the game knows you did and makes you wait 12 hours for any time based events if you change the time.

Yeah, I found what worked well was coming back overnight but not quite 24 hours later. Too much later and it is gone, so slather trees where you intend to be the next day.

B

it5five

macrumors 65816
May 31, 2006
New York
Yeah, I found what worked well was coming back overnight but not quite 24 hours later. Too much later and it is gone, so slather trees where you intend to be the next day.

B

Yeah, I had read 24 hours, but I just usually did it earlier in the evening then checked it when I woke up in the morning and they were all there.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
It's a bank holiday here tomorrow, so chances are I'll be working on my projects so I'll be able to trade them eggs across! If you see me online just send me a quick PM and I'll jump on the Wifi :)

gco212

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2004
Philadelphia
Jimmi,

I just started the game and would love to start with all three starters if you wouldn't mind sending them to me. It sounds as though your able to copy them somehow, and it would be really nice to start with all three and build them up nicely. If you wouldn't mind, could you send me the other two. I started with Turtwig, so if you could send me Chimpchar and Pilpup I would really appreciate it.

Also, to everyone, I got Pearl for the express reason that most people probably got Diamond and thus aren't able to get the Pearl pokemon, so if anyone needs any of the pokemon from Pearl and I have them (unlikely as I've just started, but as I play obviously get more) I'll be more than happy to give them to you.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
^ not funny, but very true. Where Mario Kart DS feels like a "best of" and plays well, Diamond and Pearl are "best ofs" but feeling a little recycled now. If the next proper Pokemon game isn't vastly different I'll eat my hat, or at least try, post it on YouTube and become a star.

Still enjoying it. One of the more addictive RPG's I've played since Tales of Symphonia.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
If the next proper Pokemon game isn't vastly different I'll eat my hat, or at least try, post it on YouTube and become a star.
While I find classic Pokemon quite fun, I actually prefer the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (Red/Blue Rescue Team) games and would expect that the next Pokemon games will be sequels to that and/or Pokemon Ranger which are both quite different, yet remain "familiar".

FWIW tooling around yesterday evening I caught Giratina, I wasn't even paying much attention in its lair, but couldn't pass it up when it showed up in front of me. :p

B

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
where's Giratina's lair? do you need the National Pokedex?

It's in the woods east of the unown digger's cave in an area called spring path. I presume you do need the National Pokedex since I hadn't seen the path on the town map before then.

B

sb58

macrumors 6502a
May 14, 2006
Hades
dang... even more reason to find a Wormadam :p

is there a reason there seems to be a path on the town map next to the elite four? its a lightning shaped pathway...

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
dang... even more reason to find a Wormadam :p

is there a reason there seems to be a path on the town map next to the elite four? its a lightning shaped pathway...

You can get there from a previously blocked off section of Victory Road after you beat the Elite Four and/or get your National Pokedex.

Not a whole lot out there, but there are some wild pokemon that don't seem to exist elsewhere in the game. I picked up a lv 54 Chatot last night out there. Apparently there's an "event" that will further extend the path leading to another rare Pokemon.

B

Tom B.

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2006
London
In the last 3 hours I caught:
Uxie (2 dusk balls)
Mespirit (1 master ball)
Azelf (5 dusk balls)
Rotom (3 dusk balls)
Rayquaza (~25 ultra balls) *
Groudon (1 ultra ball) *
Kyogre (3 ultra balls) *
*from Pokemon Emerald
Also, i managed to obtain Rhperior and Magnezone.

:D

Tom B.

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2006
London
Heatran, Rotom and Giratina are miiiiine :D

Me too! :D

Does that mean I have all the Legendaries (Uxie, Mespirit, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, Giratina) that don't require Nintendo Events or an Action Replay?

EDIT: I forgot about Cresseilia, but I've now caught it with a Master Ball from Fire Red.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Giratina is a bit scary :eek: I was half asleep one night and started wondering about cross dimensions plotlines to use in my own game, then Giratina popped into my head and I started to really visualise it stood infront of me. It was a bit spooky :D

I'm borrowing Caroline's Regis so I can get that Regigigas. I activated and caught the event Pokemon :eek: sorry guys :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.