Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
ah yeah Unown my bad :p

and i've been to those ruins... just found geodudes =/

I haven't see any in the room where the guy says he's looking for them (only geodudes), but in the ruins east of Solaceon I was literally beating them off with a stick. Did you make it all the way to the bottom of the ruins? there's good stuff down there! Maybe it's a night/day thing? My son just evolved his Riolu into Lucario, but I generally play at night I'll need to find some time to play in the day to have a hope of evolving him.

B

Tom B.

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2006
London
I just beat the Elite 4 and the champion! At 5 in the morning! :eek:

I used:
Level 54 Empoleon
Level 54 Torterra
Level 52 Infernape
Level 52 Gengar
Level 51 Dialga
Level 35 Bastidon

I never thought i would beat them first time round. :D

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
I just beat the Elite 4 and the champion! At 5 in the morning! :eek:
I never thought i would beat them first time round. :D

Who'd you use against the third trainer? I've been up against him twice and gotten creamed, less so the second time, but still dead.

B

AppleGuy08

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2006
Sacramento, CA
you should stock up on a ton of moomoo milks and hyper potions. all the good stuff thatll revive you. speaking of reviving, get some of those too!

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
you should stock up on a ton of moomoo milks and hyper potions. all the good stuff thatll revive you. speaking of reviving, get some of those too!

Got plenty, just having a hard time knocking the foes out. Made it past #3 last night, and didn't try too hard with #4, but his last guy knocked out my last one. :(

B

Tom B.

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2006
London
Got plenty, just having a hard time knocking the foes out. Made it past #3 last night, and didn't try too hard with #4, but his last guy knocked out my last one. :(

Do you mean Bronzong? It took me ages to beat that one too. It used calm mind till its Special Attack and Defense were maximized, so it could pretty much beat any of my Pokemon with one hit, and I couldn't do more than 2mm of damage at a time. I just held on (by using 1 revive per turn) till it had used up all the PP of every move except calm mind, then i used swagger to confuse it, and after 3 turns of hurting itself in confusion, victory was mine!

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Do you mean Bronzong? It took me ages to beat that one too. It used calm mind till its Special Attack and Defense were maximized, so it could pretty much beat any of my Pokemon with one hit, and I couldn't do more than 2mm of damage at a time. I just held on (by using 1 revive per turn) till it had used up all the PP of every move except calm mind, then i used swagger to confuse it, and after 3 turns of hurting itself in confusion, victory was mine!

Yeah, I did about the same with Bronzong, helps to stick it out with Dialga and his Pressure. It was the Griafarig that got me last night. I had him deep in the red and chose to attack instead of healing myself. My attack missed his hit. :(

B

sb58

macrumors 6502a
May 14, 2006
Hades
I haven't see any in the room where the guy says he's looking for them (only geodudes), but in the ruins east of Solaceon I was literally beating them off with a stick. Did you make it all the way to the bottom of the ruins? there's good stuff down there! Maybe it's a night/day thing? My son just evolved his Riolu into Lucario, but I generally play at night I'll need to find some time to play in the day to have a hope of evolving him.

B

Ah thank you :D

btw, Riolu evolves when its really happy with you, not because of a day/night thing.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
btw, Riolu evolves when its really happy with you, not because of a day/night thing.

I keep him happy enough, using him, giving him vitamins, etc... but apparently he needs to get a level during daytime to evolve according to various sources and now that I've leveled him up to 25 or so that's more effort....

B

AppleGuy08

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2006
Sacramento, CA
WOOOO!! Fok pokemon atleast for a few weeks. I just got so lucky! went into my local walmart, saw 5 Wii's in the case, just came in 30 mins before i got there. Just scooped one up and im playin now! yay. Ive been tryin to track this baby down for months

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
WOOOO!! Fok pokemon atleast for a few weeks. I just got so lucky! went into my local walmart, saw 5 Wii's in the case, just came in 30 mins before i got there. Just scooped one up and im playin now! yay. Ive been tryin to track this baby down for months

Just in time to break it in for Pokemon Battle Revolution. :p

I finally became the champion last night with my son riding shotgun. The missing ingredient was teaching my team a few key moves. Flamethrower came in real handy with my Infernape. :D

Now wandering around the Battle Zone.

B

it5five

macrumors 65816
May 31, 2006
New York
I have come to the realization that I'm spending way too much time leveling up too many pokemon. I think I have about 11-ish. Can someone help me get these down to 6?

Prinplup
Geodude
Luxio
Staravia
Machop
Cherubi
Turtwig
Budew
Chimchar
Abra
Pikachu
Legendary Still in Egg from jimmi

I know that I at least want the legendary on my team, whatever it is. What should my other 5 be?

sb58

macrumors 6502a
May 14, 2006
Hades
it5five, find 6 pokemon that can cover all types.
for instance, having a luxio and pikachu is pretty redundant since they're both electric types. personally, i would go with pikachu but thats purely based on looks.
same thing goes for budew and turtwig.

that reminds me, could anyone who has Wormadam trade me one? XD i just can't find Burmy and i've been looking for a while now. Wormadam is the last pokemon i need to complete my pokedex :(

it5five

macrumors 65816
May 31, 2006
New York
it5five, find 6 pokemon that can cover all types.
for instance, having a luxio and pikachu is pretty redundant since they're both electric types. personally, i would go with pikachu but thats purely based on looks.
same thing goes for budew and turtwig.

that reminds me, could anyone who has Wormadam trade me one? XD i just can't find Burmy and i've been looking for a while now. Wormadam is the last pokemon i need to complete my pokedex :(

Yeah, I had two teams going for some reason, so the luxio and pikachu are on different ones. I planned on taking the Pikachu, also based on looks, but I wasn't sure if the luxio offered anything better.

EDIT:

I think I'm going to go with the three starters, Pikachu, Abra or Staravia, and the legendary when it hatches.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
I just can't find Burmy
Have you tried the honey trees?

I caught my Burmy there after slathering a tree with honey. I ran into a Wormadam on Victory Road though?!?
I think I'm going to go with the three starters, Pikachu, Abra or Staravia, and the legendary when it hatches.

Sounds like a decent team. My Staraptor was a valuable part of the team until just before Victory Road and Kadabra was quite useful. Note that you'll run into some decently strong water types you can catch later on so is seems less urgent to build up Piplup, but I'd be torn between Torterra and Roserade if I wanted a leaf type on my team.

B

sb58

macrumors 6502a
May 14, 2006
Hades

I caught my Burmy there after slathering a tree with honey. I ran into a Wormadam on Victory Road though?!?

Sounds like a decent team. My Staraptor was a valuable part of the team until just before Victory Road and Kadabra was quite useful. Note that you'll run into some decently strong water types you can catch later on so is seems less urgent to build up Piplup, but I'd be torn between Torterra and Roserade if I wanted a leaf type on my team.

B

ah right thank you :D

it5five

macrumors 65816
May 31, 2006
New York

B

I might do Roserade, if I can ever get Budew to evolve. I hate the relationship evolution Pokemon.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I'm up to the 2nd Elite Four trainer now. Much harder than I thought it'd be! My whole team is at lv 60-65 and it's a calculated team so I'll be able to beat any Pokemon going. But. That friggin Quagsire and it's dig, protect, sandstorm and that evasiveness combo is a nightmare! Water+Ground is such a fantastic combination. Fire and Electric attacks are just rubbish to it.

sb58

macrumors 6502a
May 14, 2006
Hades
i hate those dang trees... i put honey on it, i go back later, it just asks if i want to put more honey on it =/

Tom B.

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2006
London
I just caught Azelf and Uxie very easily, but I haven't really chased after Mespirit yet. I'm on my way up Stark Mountain now.
I forgot to look for the Pal Park, but anyway, does anyone know if UK GBA games will connect with a US DS Game? (EDIT: Just found an IGN Pal Park FAQ, and as long as both games have the same language, it will work, so for example, UK + US = OK, US + Japan = Not OK)

I'm up to the 2nd Elite Four trainer now. Much harder than I thought it'd be! My whole team is at lv 60-65 and it's a calculated team so I'll be able to beat any Pokemon going. But. That friggin Quagsire and it's dig, protect, sandstorm and that evasiveness combo is a nightmare! Water+Ground is such a fantastic combination. Fire and Electric attacks are just rubbish to it.

I beat it with a single Surf from a level 53 Empoleon, but it was a critical hit. If you have a strong Grass Pokemon, you should easily beat it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.