Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Mostly landscape for me. The only drawback is when a keyboard is needed to type a long e-mail message. I'll switch to portrait for that. Also, some simple games I play force me to rotate the iPad as they only work in portrait. I also find that landscape is superior for most web pages.

Elusi

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2023
My 12.9" I usually use in portrait as I find it comfier to hold. Also it has a lot of horizontal space in this orientation anyway just because of its size.

With my mini 6 I think it's a toss up. Depends on the content.

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
My 12.9" I usually use in portrait as I find it comfier to hold.
I have a stand intended for a laptop that I put my iPad on and then set that on a pillow in my lap. The stand is "adjustable" with additional supports to lessen the angle of tilt from flat (0) to about 30 degrees. When forced to use it in portrait, I slide over to the arm of the recliner to lower the raised edge by letting that side slide off the pillow. I never hold my iPad in one hand while using it.

Elusi

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2023
I have a stand intended for a laptop that I put my iPad on and then set that on a pillow in my lap. The stand is "adjustable" with additional supports to lessen the angle of tilt from flat (0) to about 30 degrees. When forced to use it in portrait, I slide over to the arm of the recliner to lower the raised edge by letting that side slide off the pillow. I never hold my iPad in one hand while using it.
But I want to hold it :)

Reactions: Gregg2

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
The only apps I use in portrait are Instagram and any magazine app. Everything else is done in landscape.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.