Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
It's just too bad we can't do this:

fake-superman-face-apple-watch-fake.jpg

THIS IS WHAT I'M SAYING!!!

Apple Totally Whiffed on this.

Last edited:

Recognition

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2013
Anybody played around with the Live Photos for a watch face yet?
I had a quick go with the wife's new 6S and took a live photo of my son.
The photo moves when you raise your wrist without having to touch anything to activate it. Just have to get a good live photo as they look a little blurred or sped up if there's too much movement.

MrTazz

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2015
The photo moves when you raise your wrist without having to touch anything to activate it. Just have to get a good live photo as they look a little blurred or sped up if there's too much movement.

Maybe have a thread for Live Photos for others to use who don't have access to 6s :)

Reactions: Recognition

Mac 128

macrumors 603
Apr 16, 2015

Do we think Live Photos for a watch face actually uses less processor power than a digital depiction of an analogue watch face with custom wallpaper behind it? My knee-jerk reaction here is probably playing a mini-movie every time you raise your wrist is going to require more power, especially if someone is using a bright picture with all the OLEDs turned on, as opposed to say the Motion watch faces which are mostly black. Do the Live Photos and Motion watch faces use the same technology to produce their screens? i.e. Do they play at the same resolution/fps?

Last edited:

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
Do we think Live Photos for a watch face actually uses less processor power than a digital depiction of an analogue watch face with custom wallpaper behind it? My knee-jerk reaction here is probably playing a mini-movie every time you raise your wrist is going to require more power, especially if someone is using a bright picture with all the OLEDs turned on, as opposed to say the Motion watch faces which are mostly black.

Let it go dude. Go make a thread complaining about how Apple are going out their way to not give you an analog clock with custom wallpaper, just to wind you up. Keep it out of this thread as its OT.

Reactions: CarlJ

BarracksSi

Suspended
Jul 14, 2015
Fwiw, I tried turning down the brightness and contrast of the internal hardware pics, as if you would see them through tinted glass.

Reactions: fania123

Mac 128

macrumors 603
Apr 16, 2015
Something like these classic After Dark screen saves could work nicely, especially with the black BGs. I'd especially like to see the Flying Toasters captured as a Live Photo background. Not sure how one would do that though, short of firing up the old Mac and shooting the video of the display with my iPhone. I'm guessing there are going to be apps written to allow people to create custom animations without the 6S?

stacks_image_156.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.