Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kppolich

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2010
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Our Marley Girl (7 month old Golden). Currently 38lbs
IMG_7328.JPG

Allyance

Contributor
Sep 29, 2017
East Bay, CA
From the archives, rescue dog Dolly. We had a friend who worked for a shelter in another county who called us and said they had a 2 year old female Dalmatian that was scheduled to be put down the next day, were we interested. We immediately hopped in the van and went up and got her. She sat in my lap all the way home, instant bonding.
P6063714.JPG

She turned out to be a great dog, we had 3 other Dalmatians over the years, she was smarter than the other 3 put together.

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
When it rains, it pours. We thought we were losing Zoey this past summer and fall. Luckily, with medication she’s going to be ok.

Then October 12th Mac had to be put down for congestive heart failure.

Now, today we had to have Kiwi (aka Baby Kitten) put down. She wasn’t even 6 years old. The thing that hurt the most is it is due to behavior. She’s always been aggressive towards anyone that wasn’t me or my girlfriend but something snapped in her and she became very aggressive. Medication did nothing. Our vet agreed that this was the best option so as much as it hurt, we went through with it. The vet believes the sudden and massive change (she acted like she didn’t even know us) is related to some sort of brain tumor. They said we could run an MRI but it would cost $6000 and at the end of the day, it only gives us answers as to why this happened and there’s nothing they could do to save her if it is in fact a tumor. This one hurts bad. It feels so unfair. We now have one cat and I reaaaally need her to stay happy and healthy. I can’t do this again this soon. 😢

42590C67-A52F-47D2-A455-F932900902B2.jpeg
A4AD91B6-3AF7-4EC2-9716-A3C841079CBB.jpeg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.