Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2011
Nice! I always hear of people getting certain things from work. Only thing I get for free at work are facemasks..... Healthcare blows, I should switch to a tech job to get free tech!

haha that's one of the perk of being a software engineer! had to convince my manager though haha as everyone else on the team uses Dell pc lol.

Reactions: xodh and LizKat

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
haha that's one of the perk of being a software engineer! had to convince my manager though haha as everyone else on the team uses Dell pc lol.

yeah it took six of us to persuade one company's IT group to switch to handing us Macs for work... we did it by dragging our own Macs in on the subway to demo how fast we could put together working prototype apps. Those Macs we were carting around were portable but almost as heavy as the "luggable" PCs like early Compaqs. By time we sold in the idea and were rewarded with "free" desktop Macs at work, we all had biceps that were truly photogenic.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
yeah it took six of us to persuade one company's IT group to switch to handing us Macs for work... we did it by dragging our own Macs in on the subway to demo how fast we could put together working prototype apps. Those Macs we were carting around were portable but almost as heavy as the "luggable" PCs like early Compaqs. By time we sold in the idea and were rewarded with "free" desktop Macs at work, we all had biceps that were truly photogenic.
Lol. I just put one of the new MacPro’s into my car boot earlier. Had to put the seats down. It’s huge.
Unfortunately I was just dropping it off for someone.

Reactions: Madonepro

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Dell Latitude E6520 laptop (x 2) from a business that was shutting down. Not anywhere near "latest/greatest", but will be good to play with.

IMG_0017.jpg

Dallasgamer

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2009
EDAFC706-0E1B-4666-AA8C-28CA47C61202.jpeg
Ordered right after Christmas and it was supposed to deliver on the 30th. Tracking info never updated just showed UPS label created. Contacted Target last Wednesday and they refunded it and said if it shows up feel free to keep it or donate it. The next day tracking info changed to show it would deliver today.

LotusLord

macrumors 6502a
View attachment 1942701 Ordered right after Christmas and it was supposed to deliver on the 30th. Tracking info never updated just showed UPS label created. Contacted Target last Wednesday and they refunded it and said if it shows up feel free to keep it or donate it. The next day tracking info changed to show it would deliver today.
Fantastic game. Hard but very fun.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Been with DirecTV for 18 years... about time I got something for free (actually, I get it free about every other year, simply by asking for it via the "Loyalty" or "Retention" department).

Sundayticketmax.jpeg

Reactions: LotusLord
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.