Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sanzo

Contributor
Mar 16, 2017
Finland
IMG_1451.jpeg

A Co-worker gave me Focal Elear headphones that.. well, had undergone some not so successful mods. Upon closer inspection it seems that the other driver is damaged, but not a problem, got myself a fairly interesting project for the spring ^^

Attachments

• IMG_1451.jpeg
    IMG_1451.jpeg
    646.8 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Two little sample packets of Ricola Cool Relief Lemon Frost menthol coughdrops with 50c off coupons included. Courtesy of Walmart, when I unpacked a box the other day and found those little delicacies tucked in with my boring re-upped pantry staples. Not sure those coughdrops would fend off coronavirus symptoms should that also end up heading this way, but it was a nice gesture and made me smile.

jeyf

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2009
Sunday i found $7 on the sidewalk
and
yesterday found $100 in an unused dryer vent

go figure?

Reactions: LizKat

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Sunday i found $7 on the sidewalk
and
yesterday found $100 in an unused dryer vent

go figure?

Wow! I'm lucky I can find five bucks carelessly left in a jacket pocket when the Girl Scouts in the neighborhood have cookies on offer and I'm trying to round up some cash.

justashooter

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2020
I had a friend give me a 52 inch Sony Bravia HD TV. They had bought a new 72 inch Samsung. It was mostly an upgrade of my Panasonic 43" Plasma, I still like the picture quality of the plasma a bit better.
sonybravia.jpg

justashooter

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2020
Two 21.5" 2011 iMacs, a 2010 white MacBook and a 2009 & 2011 13" MacBook Pro's. I was asked to refurb & update them then give them to people in need. View attachment 912446
I've upgraded three MacBook Pro 13 inch, a 2009, 2010 and 2011 since February. Upgraded all to 500gb SSD's, one to 8gb ram from 4gb, the other two already had 8gb and 16gb ram. Put the latest OS they could use on all. Their owners love them, can't believe how fast they are now.

Reactions: macgeek18 and bhtwo

macgeek18

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2009
Northern California
I've upgraded three MacBook Pro 13 inch, a 2009, 2010 and 2011 since February. Upgraded all to 500gb SSD's, one to 8gb ram from 4gb, the other two already had 8gb and 16gb ram. Put the latest OS they could use on all. Their owners love them, can't believe how fast they are now.
I ordered RAM and 240GB SSDs for all of them last night. Should be a great bunch of machines. Slightly worried about the GPUs in the iMacs though.

MultiFinder17

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2008
Tampa, Florida
My old roommate and his wife are moving, and gave my wife and I some furniture. While I was there picking it up, he did manage to tempt me with some of his older computers and some other toys that he was looking to downsize...

image0.jpg

Ended up driving off with the furniture and a bunch of tech toys!

Working - Late 2007 15" MacBook Pro, Late 2008 15" MacBook Pro, Late 2007 BlackBook, Mac mini G4, HP Chrometop, 1080p projector, NES, Monoprice 3D printer, PowerBook G3.
Needs work - 2006 Mac mini, iBook G4, late 2006 MacBook.

Not too shabby for the price of having to haul it up three flights of stairs to my place!

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2011
Got 16" MBP through work.

Attachments

• 09845C64-1A4D-4DD2-A38C-22BB2E746DB5.jpeg
    09845C64-1A4D-4DD2-A38C-22BB2E746DB5.jpeg
    317.1 KB · Views: 152

Vonnegut5

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2020
I got a set of four of these tumblers they are very nice

Attachments

• F742C791-B0DB-460C-A5B3-263FCDC48D15.jpeg
    F742C791-B0DB-460C-A5B3-263FCDC48D15.jpeg
    253.1 KB · Views: 133

noone

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2006
Been looking at the Logitech MX Keys for a while now but the $100 price tag kept pushing me back. Got to expense one to work from home ?

Whats the verdict? Been looking at this one for a while now Just can’t seem to pull the trigger.

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
Nice! I always hear of people getting certain things from work. Only thing I get for free at work are facemasks..... Healthcare blows, I should switch to a tech job to get free tech!
Hey, we got a free hospital-branded insulated coffee mug for emergency nurses week..............

Reactions: TrevorR90

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
I got a free old time and nice (heavy) "studio" piano once that ended up costing me a fair amount of money.... got a decent but steep price to have it moved from a friend's basement apartment three blocks away and then up to my fourth-floor walkup by three guys with a box truck. That much I expected not to be free.

As it happened, when the contracting guy had come to scope out the job, he measured the instrument at the other place, and the details of egress from there to the street level, and then at my place made doorway and stairwell measurements. But... there's always a but, right? But he didn't notice that at the turn up halfway up from the third floor, the stair railings were different and set in farther.

Yeah. So... "coffee break" time, or as it went down in fact, we all had a few beers in my place while chatting up the super and we finally got him to remove the damn third floor stair railings at my expense and replace them later so the other guys could finish the moving job,,,, meanwhile the piano, which weighed around 450 pounds and stood four feet high, was parked outside some poor third-floor tenant's front door in the common hallway and half blocking his entrance. So before I was done there was some neighbor consolation to take care of as well.

By time I got done literally bribing that damn hulking thing into my apartment, I was out about a month's net pay and that was before getting the tuner to tackle it. There really is no free lunch, folks.

And when I left that place? That piano stayed there. The guys who moved it in for me said as they pocketed a fat tip, "Thanks and don't ever call us again."

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I got a free old time and nice (heavy) "studio" piano once that ended up costing me a fair amount of money.... got a decent but steep price to have it moved from a friend's basement apartment three blocks away and then up to my fourth-floor walkup by three guys with a box truck. That much I expected not to be free.

As it happened, when the contracting guy had come to scope out the job, he measured the instrument at the other place, and the details of egress from there to the street level, and then at my place made doorway and stairwell measurements. But... there's always a but, right? But he didn't notice that at the turn up halfway up from the third floor, the stair railings were different and set in farther.

Yeah. So... "coffee break" time, or as it went down in fact, we all had a few beers in my place while chatting up the super and we finally got him to remove the damn third floor stair railings at my expense and replace them later so the other guys could finish the moving job,,,, meanwhile the piano, which weighed around 450 pounds and stood four feet high, was parked outside some poor third-floor tenant's front door in the common hallway and half blocking his entrance. So before I was done there was some neighbor consolation to take care of as well.

By time I got done literally bribing that damn hulking thing into my apartment, I was out about a month's net pay and that was before getting the tuner to tackle it. There really is no free lunch, folks.

And when I left that place? That piano stayed there. The guys who moved it in for me said as they pocketed a fat tip, "Thanks and don't ever call us again."
Lol. Having moved an upright panic into a house once before I can relate! Nearly killed me! When we moved out I took it apart so it could fit through the door easier.

• Haha
Reactions: LizKat
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.