Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
Do any of you guys/gals sleep with the leather link on? Does it come off at night when you move around?

j0nblayz

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2007
I never sleep with my leather bands, i find that it gets bit sweaty under the leather. i swap it out to my nylon sport loop for bed. I usually wear my leather for the office or whenever i go out, but since I’m working from home since covid started I actually been wearing only the nylon sport loop. Anyone else in the same situation? I almost feel like i wasted money on the leather bands lol...

Don’t get me wrong, LOVE the new leather link! Not sure which one is better yet between my leather loop or leather link for comfort, but visually the link looks so much better.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
I never sleep with my leather bands, i find that it gets bit sweaty under the leather. i swap it out to my nylon sport loop for bed. I usually wear my leather for the office or whenever i go out, but since I’m working from home since covid started I actually been wearing only the nylon sport loop. Anyone else in the same situation? I almost feel like i wasted money on the leather bands lol...

Don’t get me wrong, LOVE the new leather link! Not sure which one is better yet between my leather loop or leather link for comfort, but visually the link looks so much better.
Not leather but i have the metal chain mail link and I don’t wear it at much anymore since working from home. Just the nylon since I workout in the middle of the day.

jaybar

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2008
Apple Leather Link Colors that go well with the graphite SS watch? Looking for suggestions. M/L size. Thanks.

Last edited:

j0nblayz

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2007
Apple Leather Link Colors that go well with the graphite SS watch? Looking for suggestions. M/L size. Thanks.
To be honest, with graphite pretty much all leather link colours looks good. Personally I like brown and black only.

also anyone having issues with their leather link loosening over the day? Been wearing it more during the day when working from home to test it out more, but noticed throughout the day the band loosens so much and have to readjust the band.

mtcislak

macrumors regular
May 30, 2019
To be honest, with graphite pretty much all leather link colours looks good. Personally I like brown and black only.

also anyone having issues with their leather link loosening over the day? Been wearing it more during the day when working from home to test it out more, but noticed throughout the day the band loosens so much and have to readjust the band.

I actually just picked up a black leather link band over the weekend. My first one. First impressions are great super comfortable. However I just came searching for this thread as I’m having the same issue as you. It keeps loosening to the point it’s going to fall off. Not sure if it’s defective or if I’m doing something wrong.

jaybar

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2008
Is the blue leather link lighter than in the Apple website photo? How might it go with the SS Graphite watch?

j0nblayz

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2007
I actually just picked up a black leather link band over the weekend. My first one. First impressions are great super comfortable. However I just came searching for this thread as I’m having the same issue as you. It keeps loosening to the point it’s going to fall off. Not sure if it’s defective or if I’m doing something wrong.
What size you get? I got S/M and have about 10 bumps in on the overlapping strap which should be plenty for magnetic strength. I can confirm the magnetic strength is good, but may be how some people may be wearing it. When I’m wearing a dress shirt I wear the watch bit lower on my wrist which seems to cause loosening over time. However if I wear it higher on the wrist seems to hold tight longer

mtcislak

macrumors regular
May 30, 2019
What size you get? I got S/M and have about 10 bumps in on the overlapping strap which should be plenty for magnetic strength. I can confirm the magnetic strength is good, but may be how some people may be wearing it. When I’m wearing a dress shirt I wear the watch bit lower on my wrist which seems to cause loosening over time. However if I wear it higher on the wrist seems to hold tight longer

I have small wrist so I went with the s/m and confirmed that with the recommendation of the apple store employee before accepting my pickup. I have 11 overlaps. Should be more than enough. I wear it in the same spot as usual. But higher up not a fan of it interfering with my wrist bending. I’m probably just going to deal with it because I like how soft it is and how it looks. Just wish it was more secure

jonnyb098

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Baltic Blue with S5 SS. The chronograph pro and California is faces are ? with this combo!
61D15B3A-52D5-41ED-BDAC-660179E0B54C.jpeg
D2219963-D693-4ABA-AB43-91BC75B094E7.jpeg
96887CCE-E2BA-4C3A-B499-E1CD8AB3152E.jpeg

jaybar

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2008
Dang how is that possible when apple says it only fits up to 180mm wrists? I've passed on so many S/M ones because I didn't think they would fit ?
@thekidat

I called Apple tech support for the watch. I explained that I had the larger LL and the band wrapped around almost to the top of the watch, where there was only three to four links at the top without overlap. They suggested I try the s/m instead. It is a little harder to get the s/m to wrap around, but when it does, at least I am not “swimming in band”. I find it hard to measure my wrist, but when I use a tape measure it is about 175mm.

interesting, when I compare the end points of the Milanese Loop with the leather link, both overlaps now end in the same place when using the s/m size LL.

Last edited:
Reactions: thekidat

jonnyb098

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
So, so sick.

With the right faces and color combo this band delivers quite a level of style.
Totally agree it’s all about the right combo of color and watchface. Ironically the California and chronograph pro are so damn good with every band combo the secret is finding the right color for that extra ?.

ezechiele2517

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2014
Hi everyone, which one do you recommend with the blue case? I ordered the baltic blue for now but I also really like the poppy yellow but I can't decide if it sounds out of place or not in the long run it can get tired?
I'm tempted to also order the poppy yellow and then decide between the two. What do you think about that?

schlupps

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2020
RheinMain - Germany
i tried that... ordered baltic blue and black to help my decision which one to keep. Bottom line: the weak me failed ☺️both straps are still with me and i love and wear em both.
so.. buying and wearing both sounds valid.. and sell, if you get tired/bored using it ;)

Reactions: limesmoothie
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.