Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mellofello808

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
Massaged kale salad with apples, toasted pine nuts, candied walnuts, shaved fennel, and Iberian ham dressed with her bed lemon Italian style dressing. Bit of Parmesan on top.

Massaged kale is exactly what it sounds like. Taking raw baby kale, dressing it, and working it with your hands for 5 minutes gives it a much softer, almost cooked consistency.

Healthy, and delicious.
dbbaa7a08fb259c512c9dd6850382d55.jpg

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Pork loin chops in a pan sauce made with a homemade green mango chutney. Sauteed baby spinach, and shallot on the side.
f16317af99063cac9703f9de4b673eb5.jpg
How did you cook the pork loin chops?

And a homemade green mango chutney?

Impressive; would you care to share the recipe?

That looks delicious, by the way, and one can never go wrong with sautéed spinach and shallots (though, I would probably have added plenty of freshly minced garlic, as well).

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Massaged kale salad with apples, toasted pine nuts, candied walnuts, shaved fennel, and Iberian ham dressed with her bed lemon Italian style dressing. Bit of Parmesan on top.

Massaged kale is exactly what it sounds like. Taking raw baby kale, dressing it, and working it with your hands for 5 minutes gives it a much softer, almost cooked consistency.

Healthy, and delicious.
dbbaa7a08fb259c512c9dd6850382d55.jpg
Absolutely mouth-watering.

Mellofello808

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
How did you cook the pork loin chops?

And a homemade green mango chutney?

Impressive; would you care to share the recipe?

That looks delicious, by the way, and one can never go wrong with sautéed spinach and shallots (though, I would probably have added plenty of freshly minced garlic, as well).
For juicy pork loin chops I always salt brine them first. To salt brine you take the meat out of the package, and lightly salt it on both sides, then place it uncovered on a wire rack in the fridge for a few hours, or even overnight.

This allows the salt to penetrate all the way inside, and provide both a better sear, and juicier meat, since the juice stays contained inside.

I then dip them in seasoned flour, in this case being AP flour, galic powder, cracked pepper, and garam masala.

I bring a cast iron pan. To temperature over medium heat then sear the chops to my satisfaction on one side uncovered, and then flip them, and cook the rest of the way covered over low heat.

Perfectly juicy chops every time. The seasoned flour browns beautifully, and leaves a great fond to develop your pan sauce with

The spinach contained about a tablespoon of fresh roasted garlic as well.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
For juicy pork loin chops I always salt brine them first. To salt brine you take the meat out of the package, and lightly salt it on both sides, then place it uncovered on a wire rack in the fridge for a few hours, or even overnight.

This allows the salt to penetrate all the way inside, and provide both a better sear, and juicier meat, since the juice stays contained inside.

I then dip them in seasoned flour, in this case being AP flour, galic powder, cracked pepper, and garam masala.

I bring a cast iron pan. To temperature over medium heat then sear the chops to my satisfaction on one side uncovered, and then flip them, and cook the rest of the way covered over low heat.

Perfectly juicy chops every time. The seasoned flour browns beautifully, and leaves a great fond to develop your pan sauce with

The spinach contained about a tablespoon of fresh roasted garlic as well.
Thank you.

That sounds delicious.

I assume that you use olive oil in the cast iron pan?

Mellofello808

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
The meat is chicken thighs.

Mediterranean is marinated in a nice herbaceous Greek seasoning blend, along with roasted garlic, a touch of cayenne pepper, mushroom umami powder, Kens Caeser dressing, and good olive oil as a binder.

Japanese BBQ is Yuzu Bachans sauce with roasted garlic, sesame oil, Sriracha, and ground Szuchuan pepper corns.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
The meat is chicken thighs.

Mediterranean is marinated in a nice herbaceous Greek seasoning blend, along with roasted garlic, a touch of cayenne pepper, mushroom umami powder, Kens Caeser dressing, and good olive oil as a binder.

Japanese BBQ is Yuzu Bachans sauce with roasted garlic, sesame oil, Sriracha, and ground Szuchuan pepper corns.
Thank you.

That sounds absolutely delicious.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Sunday brunch comprised: Freshly squeezed (by me) citrus juice, a blend of pink grapefruit, blood oranges and lemons; coffee - a blend of two types of coffee from El Salvador (again, blended by me), served with hot milk, and a dash of double cream.

Scrambled eggs (free range, organic), served with fresh French sourdough bread, butter, and locally sourced heather honey.

Reactions: GerritV

profcutter

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2019
Decided to try my hand at Palestinian Felafel. Served with store bought Arabic bread (I didn’t have time to make it today, problematic dentists visit for my kids), Palestinian Shatta (hot sauce), yogurt tahini sauce, sliced lemon, and Arabic salad (ok fine I rushed the salad and just made tomato slices and cucumber. Next time I’ll do it right with pickled turnips and cabbage).

Attachments

• IMG_7758.jpeg
    IMG_7758.jpeg
    450.5 KB · Views: 26
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.