Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrsx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 2, 2013
Tacoma, Washington
So at this other forum I am at, there is a thread for posting your desktop background, and I thought it would be cool if people shared what their current computer desktop setup is. Now I know there is another thread started like this, but not specifically for PowerPC, so here it is! :D
I'll start off-here's mine. I'm using WallSaver, which has the ability to make your screensaver your desktop background, while not being to CPU hungry. :)

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    137.9 KB · Views: 1,178

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
So at this other forum I am at, there is a thread for posting your desktop background, and I thought it would be cool if people shared what their current computer desktop setup is. Now I know there is another thread started like this, but not specifically for PowerPC, so here it is! :D
I'll start off-here's mine. I'm using WallSaver, which has the ability to make your screensaver your desktop background, while not being to CPU hungry. :)
OK…you asked! :D

This is not my latest on my other Mac, but it's the last one I took before it died. Only difference would be an icon I changed. Anyway…here it is. Plain pic is my 17" DLSD.

BTW, you can do the same without wallsaver. Onyx will let you set a screensaver as a background. It's a system option and once you set it you don't need to run another program.

Attachments

• desktop.jpg
    desktop.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 710
  • grab1.png
    grab1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 602
Last edited:

FigmentNewtonII

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2012
Mine is an EPCOT wallpaper. I also have the iOX installed. This is on my iMac G4 1GHz 15in. I also have an iBook G4 running at 1.33GHz and that too has iOX installed on it. Though right now it doesn't have a battery. I don't feel like messing with it too much. Especially since I have a MBP and the iMac G4 ready to go at any time.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    1 MB · Views: 631

jrsx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 2, 2013
Tacoma, Washington
I hope this comes out right...
EDIT: You have to click on the image below to see that it's a .gif! I wonder why that is....

Attachments

• output_W9yDAt.gif
    output_W9yDAt.gif
    2.2 MB · Views: 710
Reactions: PowerBookG4Enjoyer

nemesiswar

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2012
Sweden
Using Leopard but i like the original blue Tiger backround. Dont feel any need to post a picture since everyone knows it.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
My 1.2Ghz PowerMac G4 Quicksilver, screens 1 and 2.

And my iPhone 5, lockscreen and homescreen.

Hmmm…I'm seeing a theme here. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 2014-01-01 13.43.05.png
    2014-01-01 13.43.05.png
    638.3 KB · Views: 393
  • 2014-01-01 13.42.49.png
    2014-01-01 13.42.49.png
    697.8 KB · Views: 448
  • Finder 2.png
    Finder 2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 449
  • Finder.png
    Finder.png
    1 MB · Views: 475
Reactions: pmac0973

jrsx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 2, 2013
Tacoma, Washington
Mine is an EPCOT wallpaper. I also have the iOX installed. This is on my iMac G4 1GHz 15in. I also have an iBook G4 running at 1.33GHz and that too has iOX installed on it. Though right now it doesn't have a battery. I don't feel like messing with it too much. Especially since I have a MBP and the iMac G4 ready to go at any time.

Can you link me to that iOX theme? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
EDIT: I found it...but it's only for LEOPARD! Why is everything for PPC Leopard only...

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
EDIT: I found it...but it's only for LEOPARD! Why is everything for PPC Leopard only...
It's in here. Gotfrey made it.

harrymatic

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2013
United Kingdom
My MDD G4. Since I started using a decent high resolution monitor and the fantastic Mountain Leopard theme, it feels like a brand new machine - even simple things like checking my emails are a pleasure.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 850

jrsx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 2, 2013
Tacoma, Washington
My MDD G4. Since I started using a decent high resolution monitor and the fantastic Mountain Leopard theme, it feels like a brand new machine - even simple things like checking my emails are a pleasure.

Is that menumeters in the top right corner?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I'll have to check iStat out! I found MenuMeters while I was looking for a temp monitor a while back. It is a pretty great app, but of course it doesn't have temps.
iStat Menus 1.0 is free. 2.0 and above are not. 3.0 and above are Intel only.

Note that 2.0 has a memory leak bug in the Date/Time feature. It increasingly takes memory over time in one of it's processes (SystemUIServer). Bjango fixed that in 3.0, but of course…that's Intel only.

Last edited:

Nameci

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2010
The Philippines...
That almost looks like an Intel machine o_O

Does it?

ML theme with Mavs wallpaper, transparent menu bar, circular (like Mavs for the most app) icons.

And... I really wanted my desktop to be as spartan and simple as I can make it. On the menu bar, only the TM, Spkr vol, clock and Spotlight. TM to check if backing up is successful, Spkr vol and clock for obvious reasons and spotlight as an app launcher.

I use iStat as well but only the dash widget.

tigerintank

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2013
iStat Menus 1.0 is free. 2.0 and above are not.

is that definitely true - for some reason I thought that the change happened at 2.1 i.e. you could still run 2.0 free? Maybe it was a beta release of 2.0 and i'm getting confused :D

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
is that definitely true - for some reason I thought that the change happened at 2.1 i.e. you could still run 2.0 free? Maybe it was a beta release of 2.0 and i'm getting confused :D
No, you might be right. Hard to recall, I've been using it for so long.

Goftrey

macrumors 68000
May 20, 2011
Wales, UK

I noticed you commented on one of videos as well.

It's only for Leopard because 1. the terminal commands that a in the installer are specific to the Leopard dock, and 2. Leopard is a LOT more versatile when it comes to filetypes in icons.

I was planning on putting out some sort of a release for Tiger but as most people use Leopard these days, I couldn't justify putting the time into it.

I was also planning to design an extra 50+ icons for the theme but still haven't got around to it, and as I no longer have a PowerPC Mac running Leopard I'm a little bit stuck when it comes to any future development on the theme.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Strange..I've searched the web for 45 mins, and can't find iStat 1 anywhere...just 3 and above. I found 2 places with links, but they were both broken. :rolleyes:
The dev wants you to pay for iStat Menus now. Like most devs/companies they have done a fairly thorough job of stamping out all the hosting sites that had their earlier free versions.

Looks like tigerintank is correct about the version/pay change.

I have 1.0 at work somewhere, but I can't get to it until tomorrow morning.

In the meantime, 2.0 if you want it. Let me know if you need 1.0 though.

tigerintank

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2013
i think I have a copy somewhere too- but when i looked for it earlier i couldn't find it.

Always worry when that happens, as I start to think about what else might be missing along with it :(

will grab a copy of yours just in case thanks eyoungren

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
i think I have a copy somewhere too- but when i looked for it earlier i couldn't find it.

Always worry when that happens, as I start to think about what else might be missing along with it :(

will grab a copy of yours just in case thanks eyoungren

Not a problem. I am a compulsive packrat when it comes to downloads. I usually put it away somewhere and then a few months to a few years later burn a disk with all that crap on it. I've got junk back to 1985 on various forms of media. Anyone want a copy of AABBS for the Commodore 64/128? Public domain now! 6 or so 5.25" low density diskettes! ;)

It's for this exact reason though that I collect all this. Like I said earlier the devs out there have a real bad habit of stamping out online copies of their freeware. SMARTReporter is an excellent example. Version 2.3.2 is the last FREE version and you can't find it! Well, maybe on the devs site, but I haven't looked lately.

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
Leopard on a 15" PowerBook 1.5GHz - I managed to download a couple of thousand images from the National Maritime Museum at Greenwich, and although they have mostly quite low resolutions I have them cycling every time the PowerBook sleeps...

Cheers :)

Hugh

Attachments

• PowerBook Desktop.JPG
    PowerBook Desktop.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 556
Reactions: pmac0973

JaguarGod

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2010
Here is one of my G5 Quad desktops. The other is pretty similar. I use the Quads at my "real" job now (unfortunately, the Mac game development thing does not pay the bills). Though I have worked at this "real" job for 20 years now. Man, I'm old!

Desktop.jpg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.