Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CPark98

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2016
Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 1.25.11 PM.png

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
I would normally ask you just to share your wallpaper (which is pretty cool, it is the BS wallpaper with the Tiger colors, really cool), but this time, I also am interested in those CPU and Memory usage indicators/widgets you have, not in the menu bar, but in the wallpaper itself. I don’t know if that consumes a lot of CPU but it’s really cool. As cool as macOS in Japanese.

Aggedor

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2020
I would normally ask you just to share your wallpaper (which is pretty cool, it is the BS wallpaper with the Tiger colors, really cool), but this time, I also am interested in those CPU and Memory usage indicators/widgets you have, not in the menu bar, but in the wallpaper itself. I don’t know if that consumes a lot of CPU but it’s really cool. As cool as macOS in Japanese.
Also, how do you space the dock like that?

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Reactions: adamlbiscuit

Pilot Jones

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2020
Reactions: adamlbiscuit

adamlbiscuit

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2008
South Yorkshire, UK
Awesome! If only there was an easy way to swich wallpapers according to the light or dark mode...

Thank you!
Dynaper on the App Store allows you to create wallpapers that switch automatically according to the light / dark mode & it's really easy to do. However, Dynaper costs (one time fee) so it's not a free solution. Hopefully one day Apple will put this feature into the system but until then this works great for me.

Reactions: Populus

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Dynaper on the App Store allows you to create wallpapers that switch automatically according to the light / dark mode & it's really easy to do. However, Dynaper costs (one time fee) so it's not a free solution. Hopefully one day Apple will put this feature into the system but until then this works great for me.

Can you explain the in-app purchases? With the basic app, what watermarks appear? Does the "Watermark FREE images" option remove all watermarks or is that some kind of special setting?

Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 8.50.26 AM.png

adamlbiscuit

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2008
South Yorkshire, UK
Can you explain the in-app purchases? With the basic app, what watermarks appear? Does the "Watermark FREE images" option remove all watermarks or is that some kind of special setting?

View attachment 1727070

Yeah sure. Here's how it worked on mine (I'm not affiliated with the developer so this is just what I learned from using it)

Remove Watermark (Light/Dark) - $2.99. This is to remove the watermark from wallpapers that have light & dark versions (i.e. those which change automatically between light and dark modes)

Remove Watermark (Time) - $11.99. This is to remove watermarks from time shifting wallpapers which will change throughout the day based on times you manually set in the app.

Remove Watermark (Solar) - $11.99. This is to remove watermarks from time shifting images - same as the one above (Time), only this one will change throughout the day depending on the sun's location at specific points in the day (whereas the Time option just changes the picture at the times you set manually).

Then the Watermark-Free Images - $19.99. This removes the watermarks from everything (all of the above).

So in summary if you just want to make a wallpaper that will switch between Light & Dark mode automatically when your Mac does, you'll just need the $2.99 one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.