Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iAssimilated

Contributor
Apr 29, 2018
the PNW
My 2018 mini:

MCPv2-20210214.png

Vladstudio wallpaper.

Last edited:

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
Huge disclaimer: this is my desktop screenshot - I just want to throw in some additional information.

A theme for Big Sur. MonDet is a part of a longer name in Danish "Mon det kan lade sig gøre?" Which means, in a slightly paraphrased(Danglish translation) way; "(I wonder if) Can it be done?"

I will upload to my DeviantArt account tomorrow and get started on bringing in Dark Mode too. The plugin called PaintCan is for MacForge(by macenhance) that allows for editing 2 of the most used Aqua .car files in the system and then have them applied live(with some eyeballing the screen while it's happening) Previously ... let's just say it was a mess, but it could be done without having MacForge installed. This can't.

Any other colors that could suit the traffic lights there? I was already thinking of a grey and a burgundy color, perhaps a beige color too of sorts.

Let's see how it all pans out and if more than 1 person(me) gets an idea and uses this :D

I am supposed to put out some drives and folders too that could go with this.

Have a great night.
Untitled.png

yurc

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2016
inside your DSDT
I would normally ask you just to share your wallpaper (which is pretty cool, it is the BS wallpaper with the Tiger colors, really cool), but this time, I also am interested in those CPU and Memory usage indicators/widgets you have, not in the menu bar, but in the wallpaper itself. I don’t know if that consumes a lot of CPU but it’s really cool. As cool as macOS in Japanese.
Hi ! This Wallpaper is Big Sur version but edited to mimic Aqua style like prior OSX 10.4 below.

credits

Also, how do you space the dock like that?

I am using terminal commands to make Dock spacer

add dock spacer :
defaults write com.apple.dock persistent-apps -array-add '{"tile-type"="spacer-tile";}'; killall Dock

add small dock spacer :
defaults write com.apple.dock persistent-apps -array-add '{"tile-type"="small-spacer-tile";}' killall Dock

The difference between small and regular spacer have different distance, I used multiple small and one regular spacer on right side.

Hope this helps :)

Reactions: allan.nyholm

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Hi ! This Wallpaper is Big Sur version but edited to mimic Aqua style like prior OSX 10.4 below.

credits

I am using terminal commands to make Dock spacer

add dock spacer :
defaults write com.apple.dock persistent-apps -array-add '{"tile-type"="spacer-tile";}'; killall Dock

add small dock spacer :
defaults write com.apple.dock persistent-apps -array-add '{"tile-type"="small-spacer-tile";}' killall Dock

The difference between small and regular spacer have different distance, I used multiple small and one regular spacer on right side.

Hope this helps :)
Thank you for the wallpaper, but I was asking about the RAM and CPU indicators on the top left of your desktop. Thank you.

yurc

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2016
inside your DSDT
Thank you for the wallpaper, but I was asking about the RAM and CPU indicators on the top left of your desktop. Thank you.

Oh, that's software called GeekTool.

Each widget shown on Desktop is called Geeklets. Each Geeklets have special and unique features and fully customizable by editing their parameters.

This is article can show you way to customize a geeklet:

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
Oh, that's software called GeekTool.

Each widget shown on Desktop is called Geeklets. Each Geeklets have special and unique features and fully customizable by editing their parameters.

This is article can show you way to customize a geeklet:
What's the verdict over using GeekTool in the year of our Lord 2021 vs using Übersicht? Übersicht is modern, but I haven't been paying attention to GeekTool lately, that's why I'm asking. :)

Reactions: Populus and yurc

yurc

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2016
inside your DSDT
What's the verdict over using GeekTool in the year of our Lord 2021 vs using Übersicht? Übersicht is modern, but I haven't been paying attention to GeekTool lately, that's why I'm asking. :)
I am just accustomed from Mountain Lion era, nothing more ;)

Well I am open for another exploration tho, never heard Übersicht, just google it and seems good, thank you for pointing out !

Reactions: allan.nyholm

wicknix

macrumors 68030
Jun 4, 2017
Wisconsin, USA
Yep. Runs like a champ yet. I also have a 2007 iMac triple booting 10.6, 10.7 and 10.11. That one had the HDD replaced a few years back, but otherwise it has also been solid.

Reactions: AppleUser2
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.