Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DMG35

Contributor
May 27, 2021
Screen Shot 2022-07-24 at 6.39.33 AM.jpg

Pilot Jones

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2020
Some lovely images. I may have to seriously try out the dock on the left side.

After all, I often do not use the far left/right side of my screen. Might as well move the dock, then I can make browser pages longer…

Dock on the left is the most logical move honestly. Been doing it for years. I even shift the menu bar over to the left for every Windows system I've used over the years.

Modern screens are all horizontally oriented with greater width than height, so why steal precious vertical real estate from yourself by leaving the dock below? Unless you're using a squarish screen, like the Huawei Mateview Pro, height is the shorter dimension anyway.

It may take a few days to get used to but I can guarantee that its 100% worth it!

Reactions: StellarVixen

StellarVixen

macrumors 68040
Mar 1, 2018
Somewhere between 0 and 1
Dock on the left is the most logical move honestly. Been doing it for years. I even shift the menu bar over to the left for every Windows system I've used over the years.

Modern screens are all horizontally oriented with greater width than height, so why steal precious vertical real estate from yourself by leaving the dock below? Unless you're using a squarish screen, like the Huawei Mateview Pro, height is the shorter dimension anyway.

It may take a few days to get used to but I can guarantee that its 100% worth it!
I need horizontal space more than I need vertical, but to each their own.

Yog

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2010
Anchorage, AK - USA
Restored Spitfire N3200...

N3200 was recovered in 1986 after years of being buried in the sands at Sangatte. It was acquired in 2000 by Dr.Philip Kaplan and Simon Marsh. Historic Flying Limited – appropriately at its former base at Duxford – were commissioned to restore N3200 to its original specification. The Aircraft Restoration Company and Retro Track and Air also participated in its restoration.

Following its successful restoration N3200 returned to the air in 2014. In 2015 it was generously donated to the nation by Dr.Kaplan and his family.

What is notable about N3200 is that it is a Spitfire that flies in an early specification before the major modifications followed in time for the Battle of Britain thus it is a time capsule of how early Spitfires handled.

The Spitfire Mk.1 entered service with the RAF in 1938 and 19 Squadron at Duxford were the first to receive the new fighter which had first flown in March 1936.

View attachment 2031586
bhtwo,

Love the photo of the Spitfire!

Please tell me what program you used to put the calendar on your desktop? I'm eager to do this for some of my desktop photos.

Thanks!

bhtwo

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2012
Oxford UK
bhtwo,

Love the photo of the Spitfire!

Please tell me what program you used to put the calendar on your desktop? I'm eager to do this for some of my desktop photos.

Thanks!
Hi Yog... glad you like Spitfire (Not a photo).

Calendar is Rainlendar

Reactions: Yog
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.