Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boswald

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2016
Florida
Screen Shot 2022-09-25 at 12.21.57 AM.png

Pilot Jones

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2020

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
You might enjoy this. It's a 5K dynamic wallpaper of the Earth, so it actually changes throughout the day depending on the time, like the iOS version.

https://dynamicwallpaper.club/wallpaper/hqzkn6nai0f

Here's the same thing for the Moon:

https://dynamicwallpaper.club/wallpaper/20uj7v1qprd

How's this for ironic? I go to the above link with my ad blocking software intact and see this:

Screen Shot 2022-09-30 at 6.50.30 AM.png

So I think "ok, why not?". I disable my ad blocker and the page refreshes and THIS is the ad it gives me - for an ad blocker! You can't make this stuff up.

Screen Shot 2022-09-30 at 6.50.52 AM.png

Pilot Jones

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2020
How's this for ironic? I go to the above link with my ad blocking software intact and see this:

View attachment 2084465

So I think "ok, why not?". I disable my ad blocker and the page refreshes and THIS is the ad it gives me - for an ad blocker! You can't make this stuff up.

View attachment 2084466

oh my goodness that's ironic.

that's really strange. I'm using Ad Block Plus, plus the many built-in telemetry blockers baked into my browser and I just see a blank box where the Ad is supposed to be. I don't see the ads, but I've also never had any problems accessing the website itself.

apologies for that. I've directly uploaded the 2 dynamic wallpapers (Earth & Moon) I had originally posted in a Google Drive folder for you to directly download. enjoy! 😃

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
oh my goodness that's ironic.

that's really strange. I'm using Ad Block Plus, plus the many built-in telemetry blockers baked into my browser and I just see a blank box where the Ad is supposed to be. I don't see the ads, but I've also never had any problems accessing the website itself.

apologies for that. I've directly uploaded the 2 dynamic wallpapers (Earth & Moon) I had originally posted in a Google Drive folder for you to directly download. enjoy! 😃
No need to apologize... just found that scenario pretty funny... I use an ad blocker and turned it off because of their message to allow ads to support their site ... and the ad that was blocked was for an ad blocker.

Reactions: Pilot Jones
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.