Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JWBII

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2013
I am a new Mac owner here and am amazed at the things you guys can do on these machines. I love the new Macbook Air I bought.

My question is am I able to do the things with geek tool regardless of having a base model air? Or do you need bigger and better hardware and such in order to perform these customizations to macs?

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I am a new Mac owner here and am amazed at the things you guys can do on these machines. I love the new Macbook Air I bought.

My question is am I able to do the things with geek tool regardless of having a base model air? Or do you need bigger and better hardware and such in order to perform these customizations to macs?

It should work fine.

Kornelis

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2010
Amsterdam, NL

I have the 2012 base model of the Air and Geektools runs fine. You can see my screen here:
https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/18991720/

XSmeagolX

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2014
my Macbook Retina Desktop

With some time I just get my first Desktop running on my new Macbook Pro with Retina Display...

Thanks to all, who helped me setting up this desktop for their posts and and howto's on the internet!

Attachments

• MacbookPro.png
    MacbookPro.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 759
Last edited:

livin

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2014
With some time I just get my first Desktop running on my new Macbook Pro with Retina Display...

Thanks to all, who helped me setting up this desktop for their posts and and howto's on the internet!

this looks incredible, did you document the process?

SolidSnak3

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2011

Dude how did you get rid of the top menu? i want to get rid of mine so it looks better like yours!

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
So I've managed to set some system monitor gauges set up on my desktop with geek tool. And I've put labels on them with override text in a seperate box corresponding to each. But each time I restart the machine I have to go back in to geek tool and click in each box with the text in order to get it to show again as it disappears.

Can anyone help? I don't have a clue what I'm doing wrong

bluespider

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
Space Coast FL
Might be the way in the code of your geeklet... what are you using? does right mouse clicking on the geektools icon and selecting refresh work instead of having to touch the window?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.