Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
I picked this up today for a small amount of money:
20090718-mud94nhh328ij5xpdxmqbbiicg.jpg
20090718-j4i4rb3yknab2q6rms1sn7dahc.jpg

It's going to be a project bass. As it's suffered a bit more, in the 4 years since I last saw it, than I expected I'm going to de-fret it!
:eek:

Shu15

macrumors regular
May 28, 2009
United States
While I don't have nearly as nice guitars as you all, I had to start somewhere and haven't got the money to upgrade yet. :rolleyes:

The electric is Squier Strat that I've had for about 2 years and I think it might be time for an upgrade. View attachment 183863
The acoustic is an Ibanez that I my dad gave to me. It's the first guitar I ever had and still feels awesome in my hands.
View attachment 183864
This is my first and only pedal, a Boss DS-1 that has served me well.
View attachment 183865
Here's my Fender solid-state that came with my Strat. I've actually gigged with it, believe it or not, but I'm kinda growing out of it.
View attachment 183866

(P.S. Sorry for the bad pics, I only have my phone with me right now)

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
Defretting complete. Just have to buy some chrome knobs and some flatwound strings. I'll change the pickups and electronics in time.

14sm.jpg

16sm.jpg

The indoor shot is a better example of the colouring.

There was quite a bit of damage to the fretboard (pre defretting) that had to be fixed. The line shows an area that had a big chunk out of the edge at the 12th fret.
18sm.jpg

FZR1k

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2008
38°16'12” North Latitude
Defretting complete. Just have to buy some chrome knobs and some flatwound strings. I'll change the pickups and electronics in time.

The indoor shot is a better example of the colouring.

There was quite a bit of damage to the fretboard (pre defretting) that had to be fixed. The line shows an area that had a big chunk out of the edge at the 12th fret.

Nice work :)
It looks good!

upsguy27

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2007
Utah
Here's mine:

300h175.jpg

Bleh. Crappy Ibanez GAX 50. Hoping to get a 1979 Fender Stratocaster in a few weeks.

JesLam07

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2007
Johnstown, PA
Pretty

The black acoustic is made by Palmer Guitar Co. and the other one is an Ibanez. I Love Em' Both.

Attachments

• acoustics.jpg
    acoustics.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 2,140

Ttownbeast

macrumors 65816
May 10, 2009
This one's kinda unique for a number of reasons which I will note following the pics:

beastbass.jpg

Okay here's what it is a Washburn Force 4 looking at the pickups it is a "p" style but they are reversed (circled and no its not left handed), when I bought it It didn't have the knobs so I spent a few bucks on some nice looking milled aluminum controls.

The action was great but the bass lacked in adequate sustain to suit my tastes the other pic shows the nut at the necks end (circled) I solved the sustain issue replacing the old plastic nut which had shown some wear and ground a new one out of solid brass adding weight and deeper tone to the old thing. The third pic with the circle is my mangled index finger which was the unfortunate result of grinding that new brass nut and took 6 months to heal completely (Ironically I almost lost the ability to play for good had the machine cut any deeper into my fingering hand, but 3 months into the healing process I took up practicing again).

The biggest problem is I haven't been able to get any info on this thing no matter where I look I know for a fact I've owned this now for 7 years the friend I purchased it from owned it for 5 when he purchased it from a pawn shop (that accounts for 12 years of its possible age) neither of us knew how long it had been sitting in that pawn shop and he never got around to telling me what shop (I haven't seen the guy for about 4 years last I heard he moved to Texas). I've tried looking it up online with no luck getting a more specific dating even with the numbers punched into the neck plate.

I'm figuring its from the late 80's maybe early 90's but the pickups are just so weird compared to anything else I've ever seen.

I own along with it A Digitech BP200 Multi pedal which I hook up and play through my Mac as the amp normally I use Audacity but I am playing around with Garage Band to see what it's like but likely I'll stick with Audacity.

It's the second favorite of all the basses I've owned, my first was a Lindel back when I was 15 (which some cock sucker who called himself a friend decided to steal and sell for a bag of meth), I had a Rogue SX100 b when I was 21 (cheap sound all plywood--only sounded decent with a lot of distortion wound up going in hock), a decent Rogue AB304 acoustic/electric I purchased when I was 23 and sold when I was 30 to cover rent. the whole time I had all of these I had a 50 watt Rogue CG50B amp (Donated to goodwill--too big to ride the dog cross country with) the amp and acoustic were excellent products but the SX was barely worth calling a bass.

Bfat567

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2008
NewYork
This one's kinda unique for a number of reasons which I will note following the pics:

Okay here's what it is a Washburn Force 4 looking at the pickups it is a "p" style but they are reversed (circled and no its not left handed), when I bought it It didn't have the knobs so I spent a few bucks on some nice looking milled aluminum controls.

The action was great but the bass lacked in adequate sustain to suit my tastes the other pic shows the nut at the necks end (circled) I solved the sustain issue replacing the old plastic nut which had shown some wear and ground a new one out of solid brass adding weight and deeper tone to the old thing. The third pic with the circle is my mangled index finger which was the unfortunate result of grinding that new brass nut and took 6 months to heal completely (Ironically I almost lost the ability to play for good had the machine cut any deeper into my fingering hand, but 3 months into the healing process I took up practicing again).

The biggest problem is I haven't been able to get any info on this thing no matter where I look I know for a fact I've owned this now for 7 years the friend I purchased it from owned it for 5 when he purchased it from a pawn shop (that accounts for 12 years of its possible age) neither of us knew how long it had been sitting in that pawn shop and he never got around to telling me what shop (I haven't seen the guy for about 4 years last I heard he moved to Texas). I've tried looking it up online with no luck getting a more specific dating even with the numbers punched into the neck plate.

I'm figuring its from the late 80's maybe early 90's but the pickups are just so weird compared to anything else I've ever seen.

I own along with it A Digitech BP200 Multi pedal which I hook up and play through my Mac as the amp normally I use Audacity but I am playing around with Garage Band to see what it's like but likely I'll stick with Audacity.

It's the second favorite of all the basses I've owned, my first was a Lindel back when I was 15 (which some cock sucker who called himself a friend decided to steal and sell for a bag of meth), I had a Rogue SX100 b when I was 21 (cheap sound all plywood--only sounded decent with a lot of distortion wound up going in hock), a decent Rogue AB304 acoustic/electric I purchased when I was 23 and sold when I was 30 to cover rent. the whole time I had all of these I had a 50 watt Rogue CG50B amp (Donated to goodwill--too big to ride the dog cross country with) the amp and acoustic were excellent products but the SX was barely worth calling a bass.

I had that same old amp, I literally caught it on fire. I have the 5 string version of the Rouge sx100 still lying around. Its the pos that gets thrown in the truck and brought everywhere. Its been threw bass drums, dropped, kicked, thrown, had beer spilled on it, dropped in the snow. The thing still works. Dosnt have the og pickups anymore though.

Ttownbeast

macrumors 65816
May 10, 2009
I had that same old amp, I literally caught it on fire. I have the 5 string version of the Rouge sx100 still lying around. Its the pos that gets thrown in the truck and brought everywhere. Its been threw bass drums, dropped, kicked, thrown, had beer spilled on it, dropped in the snow. The thing still works. Dosnt have the og pickups anymore though.

Yah that was the cheapest axe Musicians friend sold it did the job till I got my Washburn....I plan on being cremated with this one since it already took my blood LOL I'm not much of a fan of 5 strings or anything really fancy though if I want different tuning I change it to a drop D to suit my play it takes practice retuning between sets but that's what you gotta do sometimes if you're a 4 string purist like myself. Ever use a Zippo lighter as a slide? You get some real nice effects coming out the amp.

Bfat567

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2008
NewYork
Some players are like that, I never like to get into the 4 or 5 debate or 13:rolleyes:. Ill play any number you put in front of me. Ive never tried a zippo lighter but i will as soon as my amps back in my possession.

macgeek18

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2009
Northern California
First:1970's Gibson Epiphone Strat Copy.:D
Second:2006 Sammick Greg Bennett Design.:)

Attachments

• my Pics 023.jpg
    my Pics 023.jpg
    400.7 KB · Views: 129
  • my Pics 024.jpg
    my Pics 024.jpg
    531.1 KB · Views: 130

DPB17

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2008
Ireland, unfortunately.
My three guitars minus my bass. Fender Jaguar, BC Rich Warlock and my old electro acoustic. None of them get played anymore and the D string on everyone of them is broken.

IMG_0010.jpg

Is that blue acoustic an Oakman????? If it is, burn that piece of crap! I had one like that or the same when I began playing guitar and the piece of crap nearly put me off playing.

genshi

macrumors 6502a
Trying to keep this thread going...

I've been away from guitar for awhile since doing the whole synth/laptop musician thing the past few years, but I was itching to get back into it and decided to start a new guitar-based indie project, so I just bought these two inexpensive (but well reviewed) guitars last week. I'm also looking to sell my Vox Tonelab SE to get more into the Boutique pedals... starting with the Empress Superdelay and the Blackout Effectors Twosome Dual Fuzz that I've got coming in two weeks!

On the left is my new Ibanez AS73B Artcore and on the right is the new Danelectro '67 Hornet Reissue. Not pictured is my Takamine Acoustic (and many years ago I had the sweetest '76 Gibson Les Paul Custom which I bought in 1977 but was stolen in the 1990s.)

Attachments

• ibanez_and_dano1240px.jpg
    ibanez_and_dano1240px.jpg
    665.5 KB · Views: 172

wattson

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2009
Hello,

This is my brand new guitar which I have purchased just now.

Attachments

• Black guitar.jpg
    Black guitar.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 313

Perrumpo

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2008
Got to play my Dad's '08 Fender Stratocaster (American Standard ;) ) while I was over there on Christmas. I really like the changes they made to the '08. Love that maple neck, too...

photo-13.jpg
photo2-1.jpg

noodle654

macrumors 68020
Jun 2, 2005
Never Ender
Modulus Flea Bass 4 in 5A BlueStone Finish with Aguilar OBP-3 pre amp, Legacy Lane Poor Pickup (currently there is a Basslines), BadAss Bridge II, carbon fiber/graphite neck with phenolic fretboard.

Attachments

• DSC01354.jpg
    DSC01354.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 145
  • DSC01355.jpg
    DSC01355.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 150
  • DSC01359.jpg
    DSC01359.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 137

Alex1912

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2009
UK
Modulus Flea Bass 4 in 5A BlueStone Finish with Aguilar OBP-3 pre amp, Legacy Lane Poor Pickup (currently there is a Basslines), BadAss Bridge II, carbon fiber/graphite neck with phenolic fretboard.

Did you post this pic on ultimate guitar?

copykris

Suspended
Sep 25, 2009
home
love the jazz

i have a japan made olympic white one and a candy apple red limited active 1980 precision w/ gold plated hardware and matching headstock

will post pictures later

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.