Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NeuralControl

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2009
Nathan, that is an outstanding guitar. It's beautiful and plays and sounds great. You scored big time with that half off deal. I'm a bit envious. :p
Enjoy it!

NathanCH

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2007
Vancouver, BC
Nathan, that is an outstanding guitar. It's beautiful and plays and sounds great. You scored big time with that half off deal. I'm a bit envious. :p
Enjoy it!

Thanks a lot! I've had it for about two months now and every time I play it I think of how much better it is than my old guitar. This is only my second guitar, my previous was a Squier Strat (and we all know how those are). I played the Squier for about 5 years (4 years too long!). I know it's obvious that a $2000 guitar would be better than a $200 guitar, but it's more than that to me.

I love the tone, the feel, and especially the build quality. It feels really good to play.

Andrew K.

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008
I dont know whats up with my camera :( but:

Fender Spruce top Dreadnaught Acoustic

Fender Strat: American Highway One Nitro Body w/ hand tinted mexican neck

Fender Blues Jr. Recovered in Tweed with a lacquered Honey Pine finish with a Cadillac V emblem.

Attachments

• DSC00934.jpg
    DSC00934.jpg
    837.8 KB · Views: 225
  • DSC00935.jpg
    DSC00935.jpg
    892.5 KB · Views: 267
  • DSC00937.JPG
    DSC00937.JPG
    878.2 KB · Views: 191

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
Are any of you Strat guys on the Strat-Talk forums by any chance? or TDPRI?

I used to post on TDPRI a lot. Good information there on mods and stuff. For me, these days, I have no Fender stuff now now but I had 12 Fenders/Squiers and plenty of guitars that used Leo's designs (Ibanez, Charvel, Jackson, ESP, etc.) over the years.

Right now I am stuck in humbucker mode but single coils are less forgiving, fascinatingly challenging, but much more fun and sound better for most styles of music.

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
This arrived a couple of hours ago:
FPSHsm.jpg

A Fender Precision Steve Harris signature model.

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
That's nice you big tart! :p

I popped into Brum last weekend to get a couple of leads and ended up buying a Roland Juno Di. :eek:

Thank you. I've wanted this bass for 24 years, I was super excited when they started making them last year.

Surely that synth is a bit too modern for the Black Country. You'd best watch out or you'll be burned at the stake for the witchcraft of polyphony!!

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
Thank you. I've wanted this bass for 24 years, I was super excited when they started making them last year.

Surely that synth is a bit too modern for the Black Country. You'd best watch out or you'll be burned at the stake for the witchcraft of polyphony!!

My old knackered SH-101 balances it out with it's evil monophonic noises. ;)

anti-microsoft

macrumors 68000
Dec 15, 2006
Edinburgh, Scotland
I know it's not the right thread but since I've seen people with Tele's, I'll ask.

I'm about to buy an American Standard Telecaster (upgrading from a crappy Squier Strat). How do you guys like it? I still have to try one out properly, but in the meantime I would appreciate your opinions. :)

Thanks,

Ams.

Andrew K.

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008
I know it's not the right thread but since I've seen people with Tele's, I'll ask.

I'm about to buy an American Standard Telecaster (upgrading from a crappy Squier Strat). How do you guys like it? I still have to try one out properly, but in the meantime I would appreciate your opinions. :)

Thanks,

Ams.

I've seen this question numerous times, the best thing to do is go down to your music store and just try each guitar out yourself :) I actually bought an Epiphone Studio Les Paul and I didnt really like it, but then I touched a strat and it was all over for the LP, I fell in love with strats so it's really up to you! Good luck let us see a pic when you get one!

ec51

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2008
Todd Krause Masterbuilt Eric Clapton Stratocaster in Mercedes Blue.

Attachments

• tk2.jpg
    tk2.jpg
    610 KB · Views: 191

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
Had to revive this thread for a family photo.

ao5edc.jpg

From left to right:

Norah (thanks pdot) -- Breedlove Atlas Series N250-CR -- Cedar & Rosewood
Kalea -- Oscar Schmidt OU-3 Concert Ukulele -- Spruce, Mahogony & Rosewood
Sasha -- Cort MR-727F -- Flame Maple

Finally got around to giving my guitars a proper home in the house today.

Left to Right:
Alvarez Nylon String Classical
Ovation Steel String Acoustic/Electric
Ibanez 12-String
Jackson Warrior (Blue)
B.C. Rich Warlock (Black)
Ibanez RG470 (Red)
Ibanez 7-String (Black)

Attachments

• TCD's_guitars.jpg
    TCD's_guitars.jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 158

OceanView

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2005
Finally got around to giving my guitars a proper home in the house today.

Left to Right:
Alvarez Nylon String Classical
Ovation Steel String Acoustic/Electric
Ibanez 12-String
Jackson Warrior (Blue)
B.C. Rich Warlock (Black)
Ibanez RG470 (Red)
Ibanez 7-String (Black)

Nice Collection!

Heilage

macrumors 68030
May 1, 2009
I am the Lord, and I shall ressurrect this thread!

The past six months, I've bought these two babies:

IMGP0283.jpg
IMGP0284.jpg

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Some new shots

1) Fender Precision Bass (USA)
2) Yamaha Compas FET Eletcro acoustic 12 string
3) Fender Stratocaster USA Vintage 1990
4) Stratocaster Neck
5) Original PU's

Attachments

• Strat2.jpg
    Strat2.jpg
    417.4 KB · Views: 174
  • Strat3.jpg
    Strat3.jpg
    347.8 KB · Views: 191
  • Strat1.jpg
    Strat1.jpg
    496.3 KB · Views: 170
  • Yamaha1.jpg
    Yamaha1.jpg
    522.4 KB · Views: 164
  • Precsion!.jpg
    Precsion!.jpg
    548.6 KB · Views: 165

Heilage

macrumors 68030
May 1, 2009
What is it?
Can't tell from the photos.

Sorry, should have specified.

Top: Breedlove Passport DMM/e, dreadnought full mahogany body with built in mic/preamp.

Bottom: Squier Classic Vibe '50s Stratocaster, Olympic White. This one is surprisingly good (Squier has a rep for making awful guitars but the CV series is turning out some great stuff)

MacMan: Didn't know Strats to come with EMGs originally?

Last edited:

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Sorry, should have specified.

Top: Breedlove Passport DMM/e, dreadnought full mahogany body with built in mic/preamp.

Bottom: Squier Classic Vibe '50s Stratocaster, Olympic White. This one is surprisingly good (Squier has a rep for making awful guitars but the CV series is turning out some great stuff)

MacMan: Didn't know Strats to come with EMGs originally?

Yep, that one is fully certified 100% original. All I have had done is the PU's cleaned, by the one guy I trust here in the UK. I've been offered crazy amounts of money for it by people who probably just want to hang it on a wall or put it in a plastic case.

It's not for sale anyway, but it's meant to be played, not stared at...:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.