Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple blogger

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 28, 2013
Post your pictures of lock screen, home screen, new features, bugs, new finds, in app photos, wallpapers requests etc.

Last edited:

Apple blogger

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 28, 2013
Is this fixed?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 285

ionjohn

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2013
Canada
The near me tab was replaced with "explore" tab... in iOS 8 beta 1...

----------

They aren't rounded the same way as the icons on the home screen if that's what you're saying.

I'm in Canada, maybe that's why it's different.

Yeah they're like iOS 6 icons!

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
Why is that? It's a fairly large feature release and will be even better once it's out and developers update their apps to support it.

in my opinion, the new features are things we should have had years ago, and i already had most of them from jailbreaking. nothing is a real big deal to me, accept that the APIs are opened up now.

richwoodrocket

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2014
Buffalo, NY
in my opinion, the new features are things we should have had years ago, and i already had most of them from jailbreaking. nothing is a real big deal to me, accept that the APIs are opened up now.

There are so many new things for developers that I definitely believe this is worthy of it's own release.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
Why is that? It's a fairly large feature release and will be even better once it's out and developers update their apps to support it.

I don't understand people who are saying this should be iOS 7.2.

iOS 8 is big in my eyes. For the end-user and of course, the developers.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Who cares what the number is? If it's 7.2 vs. 8 does it somehow change what features it has right now or will have? No. So what's the point of trying to even argue over it when there's nothing to it beyond just what's it called.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida

Whether we should've had them years ago or not, they're still big features.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.