Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EricDejuan

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2013
in my opinion, the new features are things we should have had years ago, and i already had most of them from jailbreaking. nothing is a real big deal to me, accept that the APIs are opened up now.

And if we had all of these features years ago, you would still be saying the same thing now.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Who cares what the number is? If it's 7.2 vs. 8 does it somehow change what features it has right now or will have? No. So what's the point of trying to even argue over it when there's nothing to it beyond just what's it called.

It's stupid. Especially since the vast majority of iPhone owners do not jailbreak. For all of us it is a big release.

Apple blogger

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 28, 2013
Can anyone post the picture of the new notification center(from the home screen) and the new greyscale mode.

joejoejoe

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2006
Can anyone post the picture of the new notification center(from the home screen) and the new greyscale mode.

Taking screenshots in greyscale leads to colored images.

If you want to know what it looks like, take a screen shot and make it black and white.

There are some pictures floating around where people took photos of their phone in greyscale on this forum.

joshdammit

Suspended
Mar 6, 2013
in my opinion, the new features are things we should have had years ago, and i already had most of them from jailbreaking. nothing is a real big deal to me, accept that the APIs are opened up now.

By that logic, we should just call it iOS 2. Right?

Maybe you should just stop being bitter and appreciate that Apple is actually improving it's OS now. "In my opinion."

TC03

macrumors 65816
Aug 17, 2008
Can anyone post a screenshot of the voice recorder app? It's horrible in iOS 7, rumours said iOS 8 would improve, but I haven't heard a thing about it.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Can anyone post a screenshot of the voice recorder app? It's horrible in iOS 7, rumours said iOS 8 would improve, but I haven't heard a thing about it.

Here it is

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 123

Apple blogger

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 28, 2013
Taking screenshots in greyscale leads to colored images.

If you want to know what it looks like, take a screen shot and make it black and white.

There are some pictures floating around where people took photos of their phone in greyscale on this forum.

So greyscale images will be like invert colors, will go back to normal in a picture?

joejoejoe

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2006
So greyscale images will be like invert colors, will go back to normal in a picture?

yes

think about it this way, invert/greyscale don't do anything to the actual graphics/images on the phone, just the way the display displays them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.