Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
Caran d'Ache Fixpencil - Alfredo Häberli Limited Edition

CdA.jpg

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
Was walking past a boutique in Ikebukuro and noticed this in the window display. I took this photo of it, thinking I might return the next day to have a closer look. I then kept walking for a few of minutes before turning around and making my first impulse buy of the new year.

The shop clerk wiped away all the dust and cobwebs before bagging it, so it now looks much cleaner than in this picture.

I used to collect typewriters but quit about 30 years ago. I guess I've started again. 😅

1705492431950.jpeg

Big Stevie

Suspended
Jun 20, 2012
UK
Was walking past a boutique in Ikebukuro and noticed this in the window display. I took this photo of it, thinking I might return the next day to have a closer look. I then kept walking for a few of minutes before turning around and making my first impulse buy of the new year.

The shop clerk wiped away all the dust and cobwebs before bagging it, so it now looks much cleaner than in this picture.

I used to collect typewriters but quit about 30 years ago. I guess I've started again. 😅

View attachment 2337534

Nice find.
Does it have Wifi? :)

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005

That's really cool! I'm not old enough to know what life was like back when typewriters were actually being used but I do remember playing with one when I was a kid. The clickity-click sounds I'll never forget :)

Godspeed8230

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2021

View attachment 2337534
That's just great! You should pack it up and head over to a Starbucks for a writing session :D

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
I've been using a cheap pair of racing gloves I picked up at Micro Center last summer and decided to treat myself to something a bit nicer. These are made in Italy by a company named The Outlierman and the quality is top notch 👌

NomLhGCl.jpg

I use them primarily with my sim racing rigs but are nice to have when it is cold out!

jInUSzzm.jpg

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.

View attachment 2337534
Gorgeous.

What an exquisite design.

Well wear (and I do hope that you will use it).

I learned to type on an old style manual type-writer - my mum had one - and she gave me a gift of my own portable (manual) typewriter when I was in university.

• Love
Reactions: japanime

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
Gorgeous.

What an exquisite design.

Well wear (and I do hope that you will use it).

I learned to type on an old style manual type-writer - my mum had one - and she gave me a gift of my own portable (manual) typewriter when I was in university.
I used a manual typewriter in college, albeit in an anachronistic way. That was back in the 1980s, and the typewriter was a Corona 3 from the 1920s. The professors who received my typewritten essays probably thought I was nuts. 🤣

This Olivetti, though, is indeed an exquisitely designed machine. I particularly adore the chopstick-thin space bar.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I used a manual typewriter in college, albeit in an anachronistic way. That was back in the 1980s, and the typewriter was a Corona 3 from the 1920s. The professors who received my typewritten essays probably thought I was nuts. 🤣
My mum sent me on a typewriting course (and did the same with my brothers) before we headed off to university; a very useful skill.

However, at home, even before that, when she wasn't working (her office was in the study), we had access to her typewriter - as she had always encouraged us to write (creatively), as well as for study,essay writing, term papers, and homework purposes.
This Olivetti, though, is indeed an exquisitely designed machine. I particularly adore the chopstick-thin space bar.
It is beautiful, absolutely exquisitely designed.

And agreed, the spacebar is lovely.

Well wear.

Anyway, I do hope that you will be able to use it, properly use it, and enjoy using it.

minik

macrumors demi-god
Jun 25, 2007
somewhere
Wouldn’t you buy a Vision Pro as a first purchase? Anyway, hope it’s great. Shame there is none in the box when you buy the product.
Logically? Yes 🤣 It's like having the dessert first and decide to continue with the main course or not.
They just displayed them like this on the store shelf.
IMG_1515.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.