Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danamania

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2004
Central West NSW
Wow - haven't seen a VT fired up in years.

That spot on my desk is usually reserved for a classic mac or two, whichever one I have out to play with. The VT popped up on eBay a bit over a month ago & sold as working, but it arrived with some monitor issues. Popped a board in from another spare VT I had and it's been running solidly ever since.

Really shows the point of terminals. I have screen sessions that usually just run IRC sitting in it, but there are a few music players that work fine from a shell too. Given it's 40 years old and it still controls plenty of modern text-only apps on a modern machine just fine, that's really ace!

Reactions: fhall1

Flyin Ryan

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2010
Florida
Nice. What bag is that lying open on the desk? Looks useful!

Yeah, it is super handy. I picked it up at Staples on sale for $7. It came with 2 pouches, 1 larger and 1 smaller. They are meant to store adapters, cables, external drives, etc. I got tired of fishing around my messenger bag to find what I needed so this keeps me nice and organized.

They have several color options but here is the blue/gray that I have:

https://www.staples.com/staples-mobile-accessory-organizer-gray-blue/product_2705489
[doublepost=1556902587][/doublepost]
Terrible photo with a messy desk, but this is what I have going on now:

m5anpQd.jpg

2011 27" iMac
2011 Macbook Air
2010 Mac Pro (hiding under the desk and driving the 23" ACD)
iPhone 8
iPad Air
...various other clutter

I LOVE the design of these ACDs and to me, they look much better than the iMac. There's something so simple and classy about them with the white side panels. Love it.

Same! I use the 23" as my external display on my 2018 MBP. It's my second one. The first one just recently developed a line of dead pixels but it lasted me from 2014-2019 so not a bad run. My current display was only $90 so they're getting super affordable which is nice.

Reactions: weezin

Jongstar

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2014
The latest updates to my desk setup in my new house. Really loving the way it’s turning out.

View attachment 833472
This is sick. What screens are those?
[doublepost=1556904577][/doublepost]
Update on my desk setup... I got a an AMD RX 580 graphics card and Razer Core X eGPU case and set it up finally! Got it working in both MacOS and Windows (with a touch of finesse). Super stoked on getting a boost and overall setup complete on my 2017 MBP. Now I just need a little help with wire management, lol.

View attachment 833506
what do you use windows for? gaming?

Painter2002

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2017
Austin, TX
what do you use windows for? gaming?
Yeah I only use Windows on my Mac for gaming (largely open-world and/or FPS games), otherwise I use MacOS for my photo-editing and anything else.

I’d wanted to build my own PC for gaming, but the eGPU setup was more cost effective given I already had the MacBook Pro. I can actually get decent 1440p gaming experience out of this setup.

daven85

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2011
Little upgrade on the decoration. Might need to get some bigger monitors but I like it for now :).
Desksetup.jpg

That looks awesome! Yes bigger monitors are not required as you have made them look too small.

Also... they don't look perfectly aligned. Hopefully just a camera setup.

Reactions: DeepIn2U

Achillias

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2011
That looks awesome! Yes bigger monitors are not required as you have made them look too small.

Also... they don't look perfectly aligned. Hopefully just a camera setup.
They are perfectly aligned, but the iPhone lens and holding a phone not 100% straight sometimes makes a illusion.

Reactions: DeepIn2U

lantree

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2010
DSCF0174_zpsf4546aa7.jpg

My old 4.1 set up , sorry not got any better pictures of it.
Had many months of work / pleasure from this machine.
A bit more about the setup 4.1 upgaded with a lot of great help from the people on mac rumours.
Dell 27 inch ips monitor , logitech speakers , also a hp microserver running vm machines.

Last edited:
Reactions: emiliano5
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.