Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

calderone

Cancelled
Aug 28, 2009
A Fiat 500 or maybe a GTI.

Nothing stopping me other than a car being a waste of money here in the city.

ikm19

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2007
Texas
Getting This in a week... 2013 GMC Terrain unless I find something else better..
googling.. every good n bad stuff about it...

Attachments

• 2013_GMC_Terrain_TLM26_5SA_SummitWhite_GAZ_f01.jpeg
    2013_GMC_Terrain_TLM26_5SA_SummitWhite_GAZ_f01.jpeg
    71.8 KB · Views: 568
  • 2013-GMC-Terrain-Denali-590x391.jpg
    2013-GMC-Terrain-Denali-590x391.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 406
  • 2013-GMC-Terrain-Denali-low-parked-edit_rdax_646x396.jpg
    2013-GMC-Terrain-Denali-low-parked-edit_rdax_646x396.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 383

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
Been wanting a VW GTi for so long (hope to be my next car). Right now I have this lovely Hyundai :rolleyes:

Attachments

• VW-Golf-GTI-wallpapers.jpg
    VW-Golf-GTI-wallpapers.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 444
  • Hyundai .jpg
    Hyundai .jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 286

silentownage001

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2011
NJ
Audi R8 - Blue or Red

McLaren MP4-12C Spider - McLaren Orange

Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 - Maybe orange, yellow, lime green. Not sure so I just found a picture of a yellow one.

They are all realistic. People have them so they are attainable, just challenging. If I succeed in my entrepreneurial goals then I could possibly have one or all in my early-mid twenties seeing as how I'm in high school right now.

Attachments

• 3920919994_320763d07a_o.jpg
    3920919994_320763d07a_o.jpg
    388.5 KB · Views: 524
  • Immagine2.jpg
    Immagine2.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 490
  • yellow-lamborghini-aventador.jpg
    yellow-lamborghini-aventador.jpg
    428 KB · Views: 1,519

Ambush083

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2008
Hawaii
This was my dream car until I purchased it. I've liked this car since I was in High School. About 10 years ago or so. Happy to finally own one. Just paid it off. Got a lot of parts, but it is mostly stock. Need to save up for the labor....:(

IMAG0009.jpg

madoka

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
Audi R8 - Blue or Red

McLaren MP4-12C Spider - McLaren Orange

Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 - Maybe orange, yellow, lime green. Not sure so I just found a picture of a yellow one.

They are all realistic. People have them so they are attainable, just challenging. If I succeed in my entrepreneurial goals then I could possibly have one or all in my early-mid twenties seeing as how I'm in high school right now.

I don't mean to be a grinch, but in a few years, reality is going to slap you in the face hard if you think you'll have a million dollars worth of cars in your 20s.

iTouch

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
I don't mean to be a grinch, but in a few years, reality is going to slap you in the face hard if you think you'll have a million dollars worth of cars in your 20s.

Who knows maybe he's onto to something. Or he's not flipping burgers by then. Anything is possible.

madoka

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
Who knows maybe he's onto to something. Or he's not flipping burgers by then. Anything is possible.

Ah, still too young to be able to differentiate between anything being possible and what's probable. Yeah sure, he could win the lottery the day after a supermodel asks him out and he learns that his poop is really made out of gold. I suppose that's possible too.

So how many people do you personally know that has a million dollars worth of cars in their mid 20s from their own effort? None.

How many people on MacRumors has a million dollars worth of cars or even half that? None.

How many kids have I known to make ridiculously unrealistic boasts like that? Dozens.

silentownage001

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2011
NJ

That is the most probable result, however, the only way to have a different result is to try.

How many people on MacRumors has a million dollars worth of cars or even half that? None.

MacRumors has 804,000 members. Not all are active, but that is a lot of people. You have just assumed that not one of those people have achieved anything like that. It only takes one person out of those 804,000 to disprove your claim.

madoka

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
MacRumors has 804,000 members. Not all are active, but that is a lot of people. You have just assumed that not one of those people have achieved anything like that. It only takes one person out of those 804,000 to disprove your claim.

Go ahead and show me one. You really don't have any idea do you? But that's because you haven't made any money yet so you don't know how hard it is to accumulate it, let alone enough to buy a million dollars worth of cars.

The most I've ever seen in any of the what car do you drive threads on Macrumors is a quarter of a million in cars and that was me. And I sure as hell didn't do it by my mid-20s.

iTouch

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
Ah, still too young to be able to differentiate between anything being possible and what's probable. Yeah sure, he could win the lottery the day after a supermodel asks him out and he learns that his poop is really made out of gold. I suppose that's possible too.

So how many people do you personally know that has a million dollars worth of cars in their mid 20s from their own effort? None.

How many kids have I known to make ridiculously unrealistic boasts like that? Dozens.

I actually know someone that has a couple of supercars and works as a hedge fund manager in Asia. So excuse me. Plus his family is wealthy to begin with. I really don't care about that because it's not my money. Like I said anything is possible, if a person tries. I have friends that came from nothing and are pretty well off now. And you have no idea what a MacRumor member has or not. You're just making a big assumption.

----------

Agreed. Just because a MacRumor member doesn't flaunt what he/she has doesn't mean they don't have it. I just think his ego is on overdrive because he's trying to make himself feel better.

silentownage001

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2011
NJ
Like I said anything is possible, if a person tries. I have friends that came from nothing and are pretty well off now. And you have no idea what a MacRumor member has or not. You're just making a big assumption.

----------

Agreed. Just because a MacRumor member doesn't flaunt what he/she has doesn't mean they don't have it. I just think his ego is on overdrive because he's trying to make himself feel better.

I just know that if I fail at least I tried. I think that if I don't try then one day I'll kick myself for it.

Somewhere in my 20s is the goal but I don't mind waiting longer if it means I succeed :p

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
Go ahead and show me one. You really don't have any idea do you? But that's because you haven't made any money yet so you don't know how hard it is to accumulate it, let alone enough to buy a million dollars worth of cars.

The most I've ever seen in any of the what car do you drive threads on Macrumors is a quarter of a million in cars and that was me. And I sure as hell didn't do it by my mid-20s.

Word.

I've got the most lucrative four year degree in my back pocket and have a second income from my wife and no kids and we just bought a couple Volkswagens. Stable and will always have a career, but 3-4% annual raises, a promotion every few years, and a couple 10% bonuses don't do a whole lot to get towards million dollar assets.

Just to max out a Roth IRA now will cost you about $460 a month given the max contribution is now $5500 compared to the $2k it was ten years ago. That's a car note in itself.

It's nice to dream, but not in a realistic dream car thread.

Then again there are a ton of people out there who were born on third and go through life thinking they hit a triple.

silentownage001

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2011
NJ
I've got the most lucrative four year degree in my back pocket

And what degree is that?

Also, I said ONE or all. The R8 at current prices based on the configurator is around $180k. And that is new, not used.

In this thread, there are 2 R8s, not including mine. An Aston Martin V8 Vantage S. Aston Martin Rapide. Aston Martin DB9. Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Black. Aston Martin DBS.

Some of those are more expensive than the R8. Yes the McLaren and the Aventador are much, much more. BUT, I did say ONE OR all.

The McLaren is probably around $300k-$340k based off the coupe price. The Spyder will be more plus options. And the Aventador probably around $430k and I base that off the sticker I saw on one in person.

$430,000 or $1,000,000. Quite a difference. If it was easy, everyone would do it. Besides, proof of it being doable is Allen Wong. He has the Azure Blue Lamborghini Aventador. And from a recent Instagram picture, he has a Bentley too. And at one point he had a Lamborghini Gallardo but I don't know if he still has it.

So clearly, it is POSSIBLE. There is proof out there of someone actually doing it. If one person has done then someone else can too. Those people will be few and far between but those people will be the ones who try to make something happen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.