Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Goftrey

macrumors 68000
May 20, 2011
Wales, UK
reliant-robin-04.jpg

madoka

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
So clearly, it is POSSIBLE. There is proof out there of someone actually doing it. If one person has done then someone else can too.

So since someone won the Powerball lottery shows that it is possible, does that mean that it is "realistic" that you will too?

The fact that you cannot even differentiate between these two concepts pretty much guarantees that you'll never be the success you think you will be.

silentownage001

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2011
NJ
So since someone won the Powerball lottery shows that it is possible, does that mean that it is "realistic" that you will too?

The fact that you cannot even differentiate between these two concepts pretty much guarantees that you'll never be the success you think you will be.

Your funny man. He actually didn't win the lottery. http://www.secretentourage.com/success-stories/allen-wong/

There is some info on him. There is your proof. Now I suggest that you get your ego in check.

sk8andmetal

macrumors regular
can be this

just saw tons (ok near 20) Corvette from various generation (late 70 , stingrays, C06 and Z06) and fall in love with those cars , i'm usually more into Aston Martin and Ferrari but Corvette can be a great start :)

Attachments

• IMG_3641.JPG
    IMG_3641.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 197

madoka

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
Audi R8 - Blue or Red

McLaren MP4-12C Spider - McLaren Orange

Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 - Maybe orange, yellow, lime green. Not sure so I just found a picture of a yellow one.

They are all realistic. People have them so they are attainable, just challenging. If I succeed in my entrepreneurial goals then I could possibly have one or all in my early-mid twenties seeing as how I'm in high school right now.

So it's been 4.5 years since you made this claim. Care to update us as to how many of these "realistic" dream cars you now own? LOL

Reactions: frappedia

silentownage001

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2011
NJ
So it's been 4.5 years since you made this claim. Care to update us as to how many of these "realistic" dream cars you now own? LOL

None. I should be the one LOLing. You revived a 4.5 year old I had completely forgotten about. Clearly you don't have anything better to do.

madoka

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
So what did you achieve or do you not have dreams.

Not really relevant, but since you asked, I already have three homes and a quarter million in cars. Recently, I was looking at either buying house #4 or a McLaren, when I remembered this thread about a teenager saying how it was "realistic" that he can buy a $300-$500K car in a few years. He was too ignorant to realize how wrong he was back then, so I was checking to see if he'd learned more about life in the meantime.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Not really relevant, but since you asked, I already have three homes and a quarter million in cars. Recently, I was looking at either buying house #4 or a McLaren, when I remembered this thread about a teenager saying how it was "realistic" that he can buy a $300-$500K car in a few years. He was too ignorant to realize how wrong he was back then, so I was checking to see if he'd learned more about life in the meantime.

Of course it's relevant. I'm happy to hear you are at the stage where you can consider a 4th home or a McLaren.

I felt it was not necessary to revive a 4-year old thread to "LOL" at a kid. Perhaps it's not the norm in the US, but in some Asian countries there are tons of young 20s people driving around in very expensive supercars. Also I've met many "teenagers" during series A who in just a short few years can now afford all the four above and much more.

It's not far stretched to believe this is possible. Perhaps we should encourage young people to achieve those dreams sooner than later, instead putting them down.

madoka

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
It's not far stretched to believe this is possible. Perhaps we should encourage young people to achieve those dreams sooner than later, instead putting them down.

Nope, when the kid is that delusional and entitled, it's best to slap him back into reality. You realize his reasoning was that since other people were able to do it, so could he. That's like saying that because Bill Gates made hundreds of millions, so should he. When I tried to explain that to him, he couldn't even figure it out and insisted it was realistic that he be able to buy a $300-$500K car in a few years. A kid like that isn't exactly the cream of the crop.

So if you actually think that he could do it, then you're as delusional as him. And I say this as someone who at one point did work with a teenage millionaire, but I know just how rare that is.

MacRazySwe

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
Nope, when the kid is that delusional and entitled, it's best to slap him back into reality. You realize his reasoning was that since other people were able to do it, so could he. That's like saying that because Bill Gates made hundreds of millions, so should he. When I tried to explain that to him, he couldn't even figure it out and insisted it was realistic that he be able to buy a $300-$500K car in a few years. A kid like that isn't exactly the cream of the crop.

So if you actually think that he could do it, then you're as delusional as him. And I say this as someone who at one point did work with a teenage millionaire, but I know just how rare that is.

Seriously, get out. You’re pathetic.

The kid has dreams, and you’re blaming him? Blaming him for having ambitions in life? Trust me, those ambitions will get him far. Aiming for the stars, he will most likely end up somewhere in the sky. Hopefully with cars that puts yours to shame (as if that would be the most important thing in life).

For gods sake, if you truly are the successful person you seem to claim, why would you not encourage ambition and motivation? Based on your behaviour, how you’re sitting here on MacRumors, wasting your time by bringing up 4 year old threads I have a hard time seeing it. You sound more like a 42-year old troll, living at home and driving his moms old Camry.

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012

The kid has dreams, and you’re blaming him? Blaming him for having ambitions in life? Trust me, those ambitions will get him far. Aiming for the stars, he will most likely end up somewhere in the sky. Hopefully with cars that puts yours to shame (as if that would be the most important thing in life).

For gods sake, if you truly are the successful person you seem to claim, why would you not encourage ambition and motivation? Based on your behaviour, how you’re sitting here on MacRumors, wasting your time by bringing up 4 year old threads I have a hard time seeing it. You sound more like a 42-year old troll, living at home and driving his moms old Camry.

ROTFLOL, splendid comment !

madoka

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002

You realize that this isn't some little kid, but a 20 something adult? And yeah, by now, he should realize he's not the special snowflake people like you are telling him he is. But he hasn't.

For gods sake, if you truly are the successful person you seem to claim, why would you not encourage ambition and motivation?

Your right to enable his delusions, just like it's my right to try to correct his perspective.

Based on your behaviour, how you’re sitting here on MacRumors, wasting your time by bringing up 4 year old threads I have a hard time seeing it. You sound more like a 42-year old troll, living at home and driving his moms old Camry.

You're very insulting. Would you be man enough to apologize if I proved you wrong?

Reactions: frappedia

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC

I didn't think he could or couldn't do it. Quite frankly it's not my business.

Also I am very much delusional. My goal is be able to buy and maintain a Boeing 777 so all my friends can fly wherever they damn please. Just makes me want to work harder thinking about it.

Happy posting!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.