Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlueberryMac

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 25, 2009
Hi,

I have multiple thousands of photos to upload to my Flickr Pro account. It's a pain to have to enter in the Tags for the photos (saying who is in each photo). I was thinking if there was a way to have the Mac Photos app upload to Flickr using the information garnered from the Faces feature, that would make things a lot easier. That is—have the Photos app grind through all of my photos, finding and "tagging" each face with the person's name, then I go and select a bunch of photos, select "Upload these to Flickr" and have the Faces information automatically dropped into the Tags field for the photos.

Do you know it this is possible to have the Photos app Faces information (ex: photos identified as containing "Dave") included when uploading to Flickr?

If not, do you know of any Mac app that would allow this? I know that the now-discontinued (yet still available/usable) Picasa app did face-finding, but I don't know it it would allow for uploads to Flickr with that Face information...

Any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.