Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
Never mind, of course you meant the radeon 9000. Now, if the pb will get the new graphics chip...will it be the 32 MB or the 64 MB variety? I'm hoping for 64...

The pic is worth a thousand words...:D
Interesting setup!...just one little problem...where are the wires? Doesn't the pb need to be connected to the tv somehow? :eek:

Attachments

• theater.jpg
    theater.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 2,036

ilikeiBook

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2002
Wireless!

Originally posted by Over Achiever

Interesting setup!...just one little problem...where are the wires? Doesn't the pb need to be connected to the tv somehow? :eek:

Maybe it's some sort of wireless Airport Streaming technology that works with the TV! That would be cool.

Never mind, of course you meant the radeon 9000. Now, if the pb will get the new graphics chip...will it be the 32 MB or the 64 MB variety? I'm hoping for 64...

Uhm. Did you notice that below the TV there is a DVD player.

Simple solution. Get two DVDs of the same movie. Put them in both players and hit play on both at the same thing. :rolleyes:

macmunch

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2002
Yes thats it !!!

Maybe a Superdrive in the Powerbook he burned a DVD and looks it in the TV now.

But wireless TV strewming would be fantasti cool

lol !

:)

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
Originally posted by MacCoaster

Simple solution. Get two DVDs of the same movie. Put them in both players and hit play on both at the same thing. :rolleyes:

Thats what I figured.;) Since that probably was the case, thise doesn't mean that the tibook already has the radeon 9000 card...the pic just tryed to illustrate its capabilities.

One of the "new" capabilities for the Radeon 9000 is mirroring on a big screen TV...I think the image was trying to illustrate that new feature...

Too bad this doesn't mean that the tibook already has the radeon 9000:(

djkut

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2002
Originally posted by MacCoaster

Or, (obviously) the screen was photoshopped onto the TiBook. :rolleyes:

I don't think I see the guys setting up the photoshoot trying to start both at the exact same time....

"O.k., ready, 1,2,3, go!"

"Damnit, I started mine .2 seconds after you."

"Alright, let's try it again..."

156,000 times later

"Damn it. Someone should make a computer program that you could just put the same image onto the computer."

Oh, wait they do.

:D

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Maybe they're going to supply graphics chips for the Nintendo GameCube, shown in the entertainment stand.

It looks like about a $40,000 room with the plasma t.v., PowerBook, furniture...ooooo. :)

formasfunction

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2002
as much as I would love for this to be a sure sign, seeing as how I am going to buy a PBTi in october (hopefully), everyone should note that it is probably just a stock photo. If you pay attention to Ads, namely office and car ads, you will notice that for the most part the computers that show up are macs because it is the creative people that are making the ads and as we all know, creatives should and do use macs whenever and where ever possible.

beez7777

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2002
Notre Dame
Originally posted by formasfunction
as much as I would love for this to be a sure sign, seeing as how I am going to buy a PBTi in october (hopefully), everyone should note that it is probably just a stock photo. If you pay attention to Ads, namely office and car ads, you will notice that for the most part the computers that show up are macs because it is the creative people that are making the ads and as we all know, creatives should and do use macs whenever and where ever possible.

i agree. In one of the DishNetwork commercials,a TiBook is used:)

JSRockit

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2002
NYC
Originally posted by formasfunction

I agree... if you look at movies and ads, you would think 95% of the US uses Apple Computers...especially TiBooks.

Zygote

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2002
Texas
Originally posted by bousozoku
Maybe they're going to supply graphics chips for the Nintendo GameCube, shown in the entertainment stand.

As the owner of a GameCube I can say that much is accurate. ATI is the provider of the graphics chip that drives the Cube. In fact, if you look on one it has a big ATi sticker on the front.

I for one am hoping for a revision to the Ti line with the new graphics card and a processor bump within the next month. I've got the OK from the General Accounting Office that is my wife to purchase if they do.

Zyg

patdabiker

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2002
Illinois
ATI took down the pic w/ the powerbook. Sounds like Apple doesn't want some info to get out. Powerbooks with the mobility 9000 would be amazing, err, more amazing.

Originally posted by djkut
I don't think I see the guys setting up the photoshoot trying to start both at the exact same time....

"O.k., ready, 1,2,3, go!"

"Damnit, I started mine .2 seconds after you."

"Alright, let's try it again..."

156,000 times later

"Damn it. Someone should make a computer program that you could just put the same image onto the computer."

Oh, wait they do.

:D
:D :p :D :p

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
Originally posted by djkut

Ok, sad me, but I haven't ever seen a DVD in my entire life. So if you don't mind me asking, can't they just press pause at the same spot in the DVD? I'm completely naive about this, so no flamin'. I can't defend myself:eek:

djkut

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2002
Well they could...

Well they could...

However it would be a pain in the ass and more importantly you couldn't take a picture of it and have it look that good...

Possible, but a big waste of time.

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada

maybe bluetooth ;)

Anon

macrumors member
May 23, 2002
For the purposes of taking a picture, they could have paused the tiBook and the DVD player underneath the TV at the same place in the DVD movie

formasfunction

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2002
though I find this whole conversation a bit off subject I'm going to resolve it anyway. The picture that you see is a stock photo. In the original picture, there was nothing on either the tv or the laptop. The reason for this is so that something can be put there later. The landscape that you see on the tv and the laptop is also not a dvd. It is a stock photo that was photoshopped in on the two of them. If any of you own a powerbook, you know that the screen looks good from an angle, but not as good as it does in the picture.

--greg

Skandranon

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2002
North Carolina
Seybold 10-14

Does anyone suspect that Apple might pull a wildcard on us in a few days with a brand new PowerBook? New enclosure, portable SuperDrive, faster bus?

Surfing the current TiBook webpages made me realize how outdated they were (still touting the 5 Gig iPod, for instance, in the OfflineRT page for FCP) and we all know that the PowerBook is the last Apple product to boast their new identity typeface (Myriad) ... I'm just hoping that the Keynote address at Seybold includes and introduction to Apple's newest pro-level notebook.

Wishful thinking, perhaps. :confused:

JSRockit

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2002
NYC
They have to update the TiBook and iBook soon...if they wait til January...Apple will have to have MAJOR updates...not just speed bumps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.