Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
macg4 said:
have fun with the new g5 man, im still enjoying my single 1.8gh g5 :)

Yeah, nothing wrong with that machine. One of my friends is actually looking at picking up a dual 1.8 or dual 2.0 G5 (the originals) for himself, as they would definitely meet his needs and are still sweet machines, all things considered - especially the price you could pick one up for nowadays. I doubt you'll need to upgrade for a little while yet. :)

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
So after having decided to wait for MWSF to make the buy, I didn't go to the store today and get the machine.

And it was a good thing - after packing the luggage and a trip to Trader Joe's with 4 wine boxes (only 2 full of wine - other slots had sauces and olive oils, etc.) and 7 bags of other goodies, there was absolutely no room in the car for the a G5 Box :D

I'm going to get the BTO G5 anyway - the whole 7800 GT issue is the key - if Apple had offered an upgrade kit I'd have less of a problem getting a store model, but I'm not going to wait on that to happen.

D

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Mr. Anderson said:
So after having decided to wait for MWSF to make the buy, I didn't go to the store today and get the machine.

And it was a good thing - after packing the luggage and a trip to Trader Joe's with 4 wine boxes (only 2 full of wine - other slots had sauces and olive oils, etc.) and 7 bags of other goodies, there was absolutely no room in the car for the a G5 Box :D

Sounds like you ultimately made the right choice then. :) Yeah, it's probably always a good idea to wait until a big event like MWSF is over before making a purchase. Even in your case, where you know there will no updates to the PowerMac specifically, if nothing else you may get iLife 06 included for free by holding off on your purchase. :cool:

Mr. Anderson said:
I'm going to get the BTO G5 anyway - the whole 7800 GT issue is the key - if Apple had offered an upgrade kit I'd have less of a problem getting a store model, but I'm not going to wait on that to happen.

It will be interesting to see how Apple handles issues like this when the Intel transition takes place...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.