Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryantbfh

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2014
UK
How come the free delivery option is the 17th, yet the £4.80 express option is the 16th (release day) such a con.

Reactions: caligurl

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
The Mini is going in my bedroom, perfect for that.

Had my second HomePod in there for a while, but it was overkill and I missed having a stereo pair.

Domdog31

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2011
Just so we can be pissed at the poster who on 10/16 says ”I tripped and fell into an apple store and came home with 2 HomePod Mini’s!“ while we keep refreshing FedEx for 10/17+ delivery

CVC

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2005
Southern California
8 bucks for express delivery in the US and it said delivery on the 16th or 17th. Only saved a day, so not worth it. I guess for $99 they are not going to do day of release delivery like they do for the phones.

Domdog31

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2011
8 bucks for express delivery in the US and it said delivery on the 16th or 17th. Only saved a day, so not worth it. I guess for $99 they are not going to do day of release delivery like they do for the phones.
It maybe where they are shipping from and airspace available. I bet we get them on 10/16 w free shipping. Under promise sort of thing.

Melmanoh

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2020
It maybe where they are shipping from and airspace available. I bet we get them on 10/16 w free shipping. Under promise sort of thing.
thats what I thought too but I was a sucker and got the expressed shipping :( maybe I can try to get it refunded. I don't think these things will sell out.

Feek

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
JO01
Yeah, my UK order shows 17th to 19th November. I wasn't paying a fiver for delivery on the 16th, especially as my entire order was almost £1,300. Sod that.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Glad I got my order in.

Part of me thought, it’s HomePod, no one buys them (relatively, and I already own two to be clear), I’ll order it later when the store will have calmed down.

The diehard launch day, refresh-refresh-refresh part of me won the argument though thankfully ?

It’s not surprising given the price of entry is acceptable for the masses now.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
ordered 2. one for the master bath and another for hubby's workshop (i stole the regular home pod we got for out there and brought it in the office to make a stereo pair and "home theater" the tv in there!) got 17-19 free delivery.

jazzfade

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
Richmond, VA
Glad I got my order in.

Part of me thought, it’s HomePod, no one buys them (relatively, and I already own two to be clear), I’ll order it later when the store will have calmed down.

The diehard launch day, refresh-refresh-refresh part of me won the argument though thankfully ?

It’s not surprising given the price of entry is acceptable for the masses now.
Literally me too ? The deciding factor was they were still available for launch day(week?) delivery when I woke up, didn’t set an alarm for this one.

Reactions: yegon

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
What’s with the two HomePod Mini cap limit? I wanted to order four ?. Wouldn’t even let me do two Space Gray and two White.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Can you order more through Best Buy?
Probably but I have the 10% veteran’s discount at Apple so try to get everything through there. Actually I just tried again and was able to order two more. Of course delivery dates slipped a couple weeks but no biggie. At launch time (~0810 EST), it kept saying I exceeded my maximum allowable amount.

jazzfade

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
Richmond, VA
Probably but I have the 10% veteran’s discount at Apple so try to get everything through there. Actually I just tried again and was able to order two more. Of course delivery dates slipped a couple weeks but no biggie. At launch time (~0810 EST), it kept saying I exceeded my maximum allowable amount.
Oh wow awesome I didn’t know they offered that! Hmm maybe they thought they’d sell better earlier today ?

Reactions: Itinj24

glindon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2014
Phoenix
What’s with the two HomePod Mini cap limit? I wanted to order four ?. Wouldn’t even let me do two Space Gray and two White.
Best Buy let’s you buy more. I put 4 in a cart and all would to be delivered on 11/16. Whether you get them on time though...

Reactions: Itinj24
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.