Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Oh wow awesome I didn’t know they offered that! Hmm maybe they thought they’d sell better earlier today ?
Yeah I tend to do business more with and have a lot of respect for companies that offer veterans discounts. Honestly, I thought they’d be back ordered a lot more by now too.

Reactions: xodh

LaFrentz

macrumors regular
May 13, 2012
I just ordered 2 HomePod minis (white) and delivery date is.... Jan 5-11.
Is this because I live in Germany? I am shocked... this will be an awful long time to wait. This should be under the Christmas tree for my kids...
:(

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Best Buy let’s you buy more. I put 4 in a cart and all would to be delivered on 11/16. Whether you get them on time though...

That’s interesting. Wonder why the cap at Apple. I ordered a couple MagSafe chargers the other day and those too were capped at two. Didn’t need more than two but I wonder why, well after launch day...

On a side note, I’ve had very bad experiences with Best Buy shipping in the past 6 months. A mini fridge and dryer both came dented up badly. A TV had the bezel popping off. I’m sure something as small as a HomePod Mini would be fine but I’m done having them ship appliances.

Pupi

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2015
I just ordered 2 HomePod minis (white) and delivery date is.... Jan 5-11.
Is this because I live in Germany? I am shocked... this will be an awful long time to wait. This should be under the Christmas tree for my kids...
:(
No, it's only because you ordered late. I ordered in the first minutes for Germany and have a 20 of November delivery date.

edited for accuracy.

danny842003

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017
17-19th for me in Australia as well. Kind of expect it to show up on the 16th but no big drama if it doesn’t.

MTShipp

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
Raleigh, North Carolina
Anyone try to get past the 2 mini limit and place two orders? I ordered a white and grey then placed a second order for another white. Hope they don’t flag me and cancel my order(s).

MM07

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
I wanted three. After I was denied, I just did two separate orders. All went through.

Reactions: Itinj24

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
you should have placed 2 separate orders.
I tried. It kept saying I was exceeding my maximum allowable number to order. Figured it was using my AppleID to figure that out. I also tried logging in without the veterans credentials and same thing and I also tried ordering two white instead of space gray. No matter what I did it kept saying I exceeded the allowable amount. Hours later in the afternoon, I was able to order two more though.

Reactions: caligurl

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
So does it work away from home? Someone is having trouble with it on another thread and doesn’t know what to do.
“For messages sent to devices outside the HomePod ecosystem, Intercom messages will be delivered as notifications. Apple says iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, AirPods and CarPlay functionality means everyone in the family can send or receive the intercom messages wherever they are.“

Renho

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
“For messages sent to devices outside the HomePod ecosystem, Intercom messages will be delivered as notifications. Apple says iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, AirPods and CarPlay functionality means everyone in the family can send or receive the intercom messages wherever they are.“

I meant for him personally in case he had problems with it before and got it to work.
They don’t say what to do when it doesn’t work the way it should!

darthbane2k

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009
I ordered one, may order another for the bedroom. I think everyone may be expecting a little too much from the mini. One things for sure, it will not sound anywhere near as good as the full sized HomePod.

darthbane2k

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009
How come the free delivery option is the 17th, yet the £4.80 express option is the 16th (release day) such a con.
I reckon this is what Apple will be doing from now on, charging a premium for launch day delivery. Evil geniuses that they are lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.