Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mxrider88

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 8, 2019
Sydney, AU
Hi everyone, does someone have the same issue I am experiencing with PDF files?

The selection and highlighting of the text is totally random and messed up. With small PDF files it seems to be ok but with large PDF is a mess. Same issue with Mojave and High Sierra on two different machines, both updated and pretty much freshly installed. Adobe acrobat works perfectly.

Basically when I select a word to highlight it, the highlight gets shifted randomly making it completely useless.

Any help would be very appreciated! Already reported the bug but no answer from Apple. They must be busy with some mimojis.. So frustrating!

See picture attached

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 2.57.03 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 2.57.03 pm.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 252

Ritsuka

Cancelled
Sep 3, 2006
PDF is not a file format for editing. So an app has got to guess how the text is flowing.

mxrider88

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 8, 2019
Sydney, AU
PDF is not a file format for editing. So an app has got to guess how the text is flowing.

It doesn’t make sense, the text can be selected and copied, adobe acrobat works perfectly and let’s me select and highlight whatever I need to. Preview works with other PDF files, small files, with this one it’s a complete mess. It must be a bug..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.