Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

An IOS developer

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2015
what does that have to do with the issue we're facing?
The app software could be to blame if unreceived push notifications are not handled properly.
I do have one app using local notifications which does not fire properly after the iOS9 update and i have not found the cause yet.

bripab007

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2009
I'm having this issue, too--primarily with Calendar app. If I try to set notifications to use default sound or default vibration, when I go back to previous menu, it says None for alert sound/vibration pattern. If I set to some sound or vibration other than default ones, then the setting sticks, but notifications still don't work.

bripab007

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2009
Well, last night I did a Reset All Settings and the notifications were able to be configured correctly and seemed to be working just great. I then did a restore from backup to see if the issue was inherent to my backup, and unfortunately it is :-(

So, I Reset All Settings once more and had to set all my app notifications/privacy settings/TouchID/Apple Pay/etc. up from scratch...but at least my calendar notifications are working now :( ::hooray::

shigatashway

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2011
Well, last night I did a Reset All Settings and the notifications were able to be configured correctly and seemed to be working just great. I then did a restore from backup to see if the issue was inherent to my backup, and unfortunately it is :-(

So, I Reset All Settings once more and had to set all my app notifications/privacy settings/TouchID/Apple Pay/etc. up from scratch...but at least my calendar notifications are working now :( ::hooray::

I'd suspected the same thing and restored my device and set it up as new, however the problem still exists for me

Cogsworth

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 7, 2015
I've been sitting here all morning with my phone on the desk watching notifications come in from various apps and I would say I only get audio and vibration on about 1 out of 4 now with no rhyme or reason. This is ridiculous I hope Apple addresses this in the next update.

freemannnn

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2013
I ask myself "tim does not using an iphone? " this is really ridiculus not to have been solved yet. Never had this problem in ios 8!

rkdiddy

macrumors 65816
Mar 19, 2008
OC Baby!
I'm on a 6S and confirm same issues. Even went as far as a fresh install. Worked for a few hours then back to sporadic. Very frustrating.

thatanonymoususer

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2015
I've been having this issue on a 6S+. I've been going through my list and just turning off all notifications for apps. I'll try the Reset All Settings, but so far, I've been going through in batches and turning off notifications for all of my apps, and nothing has been working. I've had 4-5 random non-visible alerts/day even though all apps are set to be visible in the lock screen and the pull-down notification center.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.