Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Qanbar

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2009
worked great for me so far. Much better than other jailbreaks which required restores etc...
:)

Diversion

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2007
Jacksonville, Florida
Purplera1n is hands down the fastest, easiest way to Jailbreak.. Hope to see more improvements in the future (if improvements are needed, looks like the dev's that code the native apps are the ones that have their hands full getting things to work on the 3GS).

trssho

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2009
Desperate question!!!!!!

I installed pra1n v2 sunday, and everything is perfect! Only problem is that I didn't see the box to enter the multidigit number the first time I went to the download page.

So apparently my jailbreak does not contain that code.

Can I go back and enter the code(which I do have), or am I fubared?

trssho

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2009
I installed pra1n v2 sunday, and everything is perfect! Only problem is that I didn't see the box to enter the multidigit number the first time I went to the download page.

BUMP

Does anyone know the answer to this question?

jwball

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2008
There are a number of websites selling software claiming to unlock the 3GS. How come the Dev Team haven't got a working unlock yet for the 3GS but these sites seemingly have?

aldude

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2009

The multidigit number being the ECID number, I suppose...

You don't need that number or the associated file to jailbreak. The purplera1n.exe file is the same for everyone, so you should have no problems.

The file that you get from your phone's unique ECID is the iBEC or iBSS (not sure which) that can be used, maybe, at a later date to jailbreak a later firmware from Apple, e.g. OS 3.1. Maybe. It's possible you need both these i-files, though, and you can get them through a DFU restore and capture method - look here for one way, the one I used. Keep those files safe, for possible use in a later jailbreak, but you don't need them for purplera1n.

Hope that's iClear!

aldude

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2009
There are a number of websites selling software claiming to unlock the 3GS. How come the Dev Team haven't got a working unlock yet for the 3GS but these sites seemingly have?

Dev Team has decided to wait for a later version of the Apple OS (like 3.1) before releasing their jailbreak, so not to show Apple their cards.

However, geohot and others have seen the light and released their jailbreak now, based on the same vulnerabilities in the iPhone 3GS software/hardware. This is available for free, do not pay for anything - the sites selling the 3GS jailbreak are most probably taking other people's free software and selling it on for money.

If you want to JB your 3GS there are already plenty of other threads around this site on the purplera1n software.

adamjackson

macrumors 68020
Jul 9, 2008
Hmmm. Arn linked me here. CMS bug?

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/739205/

krsAMAj.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.