Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Dear Apple,

Let's just stick with names 2 words long at the longest, Okay?

Dear forum goer,

Please realize that nothing posted to this site before releases comes from Apple. Apple has not yet even announced said device, let alone named it.

:rolleyes:

Good grief people....it'll be the iPad mini - and some will tack on a "2" to differentiate.

Pretty soon, we're going to do away with the numbering in the names. iPad Mini, Air, Pro. iPhone Mini, Air, Pro. Updated annually, and sold as trios. None of this "last year's" business.

szw-mapple fan

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2012
Dear forum goer,

Please realize that nothing posted to this site before releases comes from Apple. Apple has not yet even announced said device, let alone named it.

:rolleyes:

Good grief people....it'll be the iPad mini - and some will tack on a "2" to differentiate.

Pretty soon, we're going to do away with the numbering in the names. iPad Mini, Air, Pro. iPhone Mini, Air, Pro. Updated annually, and sold as trios. None of this "last year's" business.

Yes, but there are Apple employees reading this site, as proven by the data of the internal beta users before the developer release. The opinions here might (and that's a very small might) influencing some of Apple's decisions.

insoc

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2012
I just can't understand what's with all the people that says that the iPad Mini don't need to get any thinner. I for one decided to buy my iPad Mini based on how heavy I felt my iPad 3 was. I use it to read a lot and holding an iPad 3 for more than 5 minutes was uncomfortable. When the iPad Mini Retina (iPad Mini 2) came and I read that it was thicker and heavier I did not buy it and I'm still using the first iPad Mini. Sure, the retina display is cool but I rather have the slimmer device. Now give me an iPad Mini Retina with a faster processor than the iPad Mini Retina and thinner than the original and I will buy it right away.

I long for the day (soon to come) that a tablet will have the same weight as a paper sheet (foldable too)...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.