Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yellow8

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2017
Good morning everyone!

It is finally live! QuickScan is now in v5, and it adds A LOT:
  • - Siri shortcuts
  • - Widgets
  • - Automatic export
  • - Automatic delete
  • - Automatic filename improvements (automatic counter, quarters)
  • - iOS share sheet integration -> export from any app into QuickScan
  • - Search (in the list of scans, but also in the text preview)
  • - Recently deleted scans (useful combined with automatic delete)
  • - Import of existing PDFs and images has been greatly improved

I made this 100% free so that everyone can use it. Donations via the app are welcome to support the project.
It still respects your privacy by working 100% offline, no server, no data collection.

Link to QuickScan in the App Store (works on iPhone & iPad, requires iOS 13 minimum, iOS 15 recommended)

And guess what... I have many ideas for the next version :).

RecentlyConverted

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2015
Thank you Jonathan, more great improvements to a great app.

One suggestion, you have your auto image capture mode, perhaps you could have a selector - Pro or Perfect, which would only take the picture of the document when it is framed perfectly rather than just adequately. Obviously this would slow the scan process down, hence why it would be optional feature, but would produce a better image for important documents.

Reactions: yellow8

yellow8

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2017
There is a big update coming soon for QuickScan with iOS 16. It's currently in beta (TestFlight) and available for those running iOS 16 beta.
If you are interested to try, here is the TestFlight link: https://testflight.apple.com/join/gAgaHegU

I can't wait to release this new version that will work great with iOS 16 :).

• Love
Reactions: Runs For Fun

yellow8

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2017
QuickScan is now in v6, and it adds functionalities for iOS 16:
  • Lock screen widget to start a scan
  • Live Text support to translate images directly within QuickScan
  • New OCR languages (incl. Japanese, Ukrainian, Korean)
  • Automatic language detection (useful if the language of your documents change)
  • Japanese translation
I made this 100% free so that everyone can use it. Donations via the app are welcome to support the project.
It still respects your privacy by working 100% offline, no server, no data collection.

Link to QuickScan in the App Store (works on iPhone & iPad, requires iOS 13 minimum, iOS 16 recommended)

The next update is already work-in-progress, and this will bring an amazing feature to QuickScan, that I believe you'll all love :).
Feedback is appreciated!

yellow8

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2017
Big day today: QuickScan is in v7. This is a major update - that I like a lot - that brings:

• Export Favorites: configure multiple favorite save location combined with custom settings (color/black&white, OCR, export format, ...)
• Brand new export screen that make it even easier to export. You can also easily select an Export Favorite for a quicker export.
• 'Scan To' Widgets: associate an Export Favorite with a Lock/Home screen widget to initiate a scan and automatically trigger an export to that Favorite when the scan is done
• 'Scan To' Shortcuts: associate an Export Favorite with a Siri Shortcut and ask Siri to initiate a scan with that Favorite
• PDF Password protection to protect your document. The password will be asked to anyone that tries to open the PDF.
• Improve the quality of scans with the new document enhancer
• Improved automatic edge detection
• ... and much more

Thank you for the incredible feedback that helps make the app better!

Link to QuickScan in the App Store (works on iPhone & iPad, requires iOS 14 minimum, iOS 16 recommended)
www.quickscanapp.com

yellow8

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2017
Hello folks,

QuickScan 7.1 adds:
  • The possibility to use emails as Export Favorite (preconfigure recipients, subject, message). The scanned document will be automatically attached to the mail
  • and of course, these Export Favorites can be associated to a widget or shortcut. What will do these widgets/shortcuts when tapped? A scan will be initiated, and when you tap on "Save", an automatic export is triggered to the associated Export Favorite. Very useful!
I am already working hard on the next update!!
Link to QuickScan in the App Store (works on iPhone & iPad, requires iOS 14 minimum, iOS 16 recommended)
www.quickscanapp.com

• Love

yellow8

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2017
It would be great if I could create folders where I can sort and save the scans.
I plan to add that in the future. However, it would be more efficient to immediately export to the right folder, than keep it in the app, right?
What do you think? Feedback is very appreciated and help me understand what you users wish.

Reactions: energizer5680

energizer5680

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2020
I plan to add that in the future. However, it would be more efficient to immediately export to the right folder, than keep it in the app, right?
What do you think? Feedback is very appreciated and help me understand what you users wish.
I personally think it makes more sense in the app. I have seen this in the Adobe Scan App and find it more comfortable to drag and drop the scan into a folder. I find the way via share and branching in the file explorer too complicated. Depending on the folder structure you search a while for the right location

yellow8

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2017
Hey, some news!

QuickScan 7.2 adds:
  • pCloud support as Export Favorites (QuickScan being about privacy, it made sense to add pCloud support)
  • and of course, these Export Favorites can be associated to a widget or shortcut. What will do these widgets/shortcuts when tapped? A scan will be initiated, and when you tap on "Save", an automatic export is triggered to the associated Export Favorite. Very useful!
  • support for multiple WebDAV destinations. You can now have multiple Export Favorite with a WebDAV destination
I am already working hard on the next update!!
www.quickscanapp.com

• Love

yellow8

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2017
Security & Privacy!

QuickScan v7.4 is available since today, adding:
  • Face ID / Touch ID protection of your documents & signatures
  • Deskew is now possible for any image (including imported ones, and imported PDF files)
  • Improvement to color fidelity, UX, and more...
www.quickscanapp.com

• Love

yellow8

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2017
This is one of the new widgets available with QuickScan 7.6. And with iOS 17, there are new interactive ones that you'll be able to discover on Monday.
quickscan-widget-ios.jpg

Icons and colors are fully customizable, to beautifully match your home screen.

➡➡➡➡ QuickScan 7.6 is already available on the App Store.

Last edited:

yellow8

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2017
MAJOR UPDATE for QuickScan
QuickScan v8 is available since today, adding:
  • Folders: It is now possible to create folders within QuickScan. For more automation, you can even configure an Export Favorite to automatically place a new document in a specific folder, if the scan has been triggered from a Widget/Shortcut with that Export Favorite associated.
  • Signatures: It is now possible to import existing signatures, from an image, photo, PDF file, or even by taking a photo of your signature
  • Automatic filename: Configuring a filename is now easier, and more options are available
  • Improved performances: QuickScan has been dramatically improved, and is now faster and smoother than ever
  • Improved scan quality when using the Document Enhancer filter
  • Paperless-ngx support as Export Favorite (since v7.7)
I personally really like this update, as the major changes introduced set a good foundation for many cool features to come! Feedback is welcome!

➡➡➡➡ ➡️ QuickScan v8 on the App Store ⬅️

Last edited:

ipos

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2011
is it really FREE? don't later become a subscription based app when everyone starts to use

yellow8

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2017
I'm not the type to change a contract once it's in progress. The app is soon 4 years old btw.

Reactions: MindMike
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.