Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applefan19

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2019
Same here. I have gotten over half my collection for less than retail. If I buy one or two bands a week at $15-$20 that is one lunch out that I am not spending due to staying at home since March. This is actually way cheaper than a lot of things I have collected. This is why we are all here. We enjoy collecting Apple Bands

View attachment 935173
Where do you buy them? I’ve only seen Apple sell bands for $50. Are they new or used? All Apple original? Impressive!! ?

jwlbel

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2012
Where do you buy them? I’ve only seen Apple sell bands for $50. Are they new or used? All Apple original? Impressive!! ?
Mercari.com, ebay, poshmark.com and once in a while offerup.com. They are 50/50 apple original/fake and they are 50/50 still sealed brand new/gross worn for five years straight and looks like the person never bathed and is just pure disgusting. Just read the description and look at the photos.

Use this link to learn how to tell the difference between a real vs fake band.

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
This didn’t age well haha. You bought all 22 right?

I wonder which one out of the 22 will become rare? Maybe Japan and Germany?
No at that point they were all ordered lol. I would say just the ones that have sold out twice now in 44mm. GBR, ITA, NZ, NED, GER, JPN. Kinda surprised JPN is appealing to people among all he simple ones, but I guess it has that host country sparkle. And I wonder if USA enjoys a supply advantage being the home band of ’s home market.

Germany I wonder if people will like as much in person. The hero shot almost seems like a mistake. Side by side the store image is barely different than Belgium.

New Zealand doesn’t have the competition like the blue bands and really is quite unique in the whole sport loop history as a bold black band. I think it will appeal more than the one black sport loop and certainly blows Anchor Gray out of the water. I don’t think these bands will reach ”default” folk, but NZ certainly serves folks who want to wear one band that works for everything and barely have to change it.

And then for those of us that love loud colors, Netherlands will be the one that doesn’t have to compete with the blues. A successor to Canary perhaps. A shot at the Hermes tone in a comfier fit.

Last edited:

Taki

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2007
I wonder which one out of the 22 will become rare? Maybe Japan and Germany?
I just checked Apple Japan site, the Japanese one in both sizes are available for next-day delivery. So it could be very different depending on where you are located.

RPhoto

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2010
Surrey, UK
Also Japan. Which on the website says Sold Out, vs Currently Unavailable for NZ ?
So sold out means there is no more stock online or in store. Currently unavailable means the band isn’t available online, but the flagship stores still have them.

• Wow
Reactions: geekiemac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.