Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajfusjr

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2010
I, being poor, resorted to a knockoff ? It’s actually not bad. Lugs fit nice, the loop looks pretty good, but the blue lug is a very pale blue instead of what it should be. Financial realities for me dictate that some of the super rare (and thus super expensive) bands will require either doing without or resorting to a decent knockoff.

View attachment 935152 View attachment 935151

Where would someone be able to purchase a knock off like this? Been looking all over but had no luck and didn't want to pay the premium on eBay for the "real" one.

Reactions: CodeRaven

MrMacintoshIII

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2019
so that’s roughly $2,000.00 in watch bands.

Maybe. My collection is worth about 3k but I’ve only spent maybe 1k. It all just depends on how good of a deal he got on those bands.

I haven’t priced how much the collection is worth but many of these I got for much less than $50 ($25-$35), many at retail for $50, a few for just over retail (scored a brand new sealed Ultraviolet from this very forum for only $79 shipped), and a select few for between $100 and $200 (scored the NikeLab Light Bone for ~$100 shipped, but took a hit on the Nike Gamma Blue for an amount under $200 but above $100 that I can’t recall. It was years ago now). I’m a collector, and I don’t intend to sell for a long time. The boxes are all kept packed away, along with the extra S/M straps. I rotate through all of these in my daily wear, at my whim.

I’m good at scouring eBay and waiting patiently for those people that don’t know what they’re selling. Also almost none of these were used. I think actually only the Blue Orbit/Gamma Blue was slightly used before I got my hands on it, and it was in pristine condition.

Last edited:

jwlbel

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2012
Same here. I have gotten over half my collection for less than retail. If I buy one or two bands a week at $15-$20 that is one lunch out that I am not spending due to staying at home since March. This is actually way cheaper than a lot of things I have collected. This is why we are all here. We enjoy collecting Apple Bands

IMG_7682.jpg

Deep.sky

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2020
Where would someone be able to purchase a knock off like this? Been looking all over but had no luck and didn't want to pay the premium on eBay for the "real" one.

ubanabands.com
Although I did get my Close Your Rings loop there, I do intend to go mostly OEM, just because the quality is so much better in most cases. I get knockoffs for things that are just way too far above my personal pain point :)

jwlbel

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2012
Gen 1 band like I pictured above where both sides are the same color. The newer Gen 2 where it’s dual color is still being made.

There’s only 1 Gen 1 on eBay right now brand new for $120.
The one I have is all one color. I bought it in the store when it was first released.

mikedop

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
I missed the boat when the first came out. Luckily I found someone willing to part with it after discontinuation for retail including shipping and fees.
I’m playing the waiting game on that one. I’ve missed a few for half retail, hope one comes up again!

chrislstark

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2020
53 Bands, all OEM. Not sure how many 'rare' ones I have but at least a few. I wear a different band everyday though. Amazon screen shot of my display case attached for those who will ask about it (yes I like it a lot).

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 512
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    502.6 KB · Views: 477
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    410.7 KB · Views: 431
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    468.2 KB · Views: 401
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    542.3 KB · Views: 479
  • Case.png
    Case.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 519

mikedop

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
53 Bands, all OEM. Not sure how many 'rare' ones I have but at least a few. I wear a different band everyday though. Amazon screen shot of my display case attached for those who will ask about it (yes I like it a lot).
Close Your Rings 2019, White Leather Loop (In medium, too!) and Canary Yellow Sport Loop are all definitely rarities in my book! Very impressive collection!

mikedop

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
Cool bands i see here
Would be interested for a white band that glows in the dark haha
Yeah, I would love to see one as well, but if they ever make one it’d have to be for an event. Just trying to think, in what situation would Apple realistically make that for?

Also, now that Apple has got there striped band design down as we saw on Pride, I’d love to see seasonal colors. Maybe red, green, and white stripes for Christmas, black and orange for Halloween, red, white and blue for Independence Day, etc etc. Apple has a lot of possibilities here, so I can’t wait to see how they use them!

addictive

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2008
This is the full collection of Apple Watch bands so far I believe
I tried to attach the pdf to the forum but it's too large and won't post. I guess it will be updated but it's a useful resource for those people that enjoy Apple Watch bands.

Totalshock

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2003
Tarana (to locals...)
Also, now that Apple has got there striped band design down as we saw on Pride, I’d love to see seasonal colors. Maybe red, green, and white stripes for Christmas, black and orange for Halloween, red, white and blue for Independence Day, etc etc. Apple has a lot of possibilities here, so I can’t wait to see how they use them!

Sounds much more profitable for Apple than my current Red/White hybrid sport band for Canada Day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.