Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
For me all woven nylon bands are super rare cause Apple no longer sells it. That is my favourite type over anything else. I resort to buy a knockoff but that one didn’t last as long as Apple version.

Reactions: BreatheNow

MrMacintoshIII

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2019
For me all woven nylon bands are super rare cause Apple no longer sells it. That is my favourite type over anything else. I resort to buy a knockoff but that one didn’t last as long as Apple version.

I’m not a huge fan of these but had to have at least one. My favorite is the Scuba Blue!

Reactions: BreatheNow

collin_

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2018
I don't have one, but the rarest Apple Watch bands are probably the Olympic ones. They were only sold in 1 Apple Store in Brazil for a limited time. They sometimes sell on eBay for more than the actual watch. Below is a picture of one and here is an article about it.

Actually, the real rarest bands are probably the solid gold ones that Apple gifted to celebrities (along with the solid gold Apple Watch) when the Apple Watch was first released. Article on that
Cn6WZMSVUAEpnCT.jpg

dieweener

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2016
I don't have one, but the rarest Apple Watch bands are probably the Olympic ones. They were only sold in 1 Apple Store in Brazil for a limited time. They sometimes sell on eBay for more than the actual watch. Below is a picture of one and here is an article about it.

Actually, the real rarest bands are probably the solid gold ones that Apple gifted to celebrities (along with the solid gold Apple Watch) when the Apple Watch was first released. Article on that View attachment 935341
Yeah, I managed to buy a couple when I was over there working. Still currently using my Jamaica colour band to this day.

Some of the designs were questionable though, like the Great Britain one, but a lot of the designs were nice and unique.

Attachments

• 808FB96B-DBA1-4168-99C8-F2924AB71E1E.jpeg
    808FB96B-DBA1-4168-99C8-F2924AB71E1E.jpeg
    96.7 KB · Views: 502

satchmo

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2008
Canada
Maybe I’m dreaming, but I somehow re-call a photo where Jony Ive was wearing a never before seen watch band. Now that would be the rarest of all. ;)

Totalshock

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2003
Tarana (to locals...)
Shhh. Never do the math.

It’s the first rule of Watch Band Club.
And the second.
The third is “Yes, you do need it.”
And then back to “never do the math” for the fourth, fifth, sixth...
[automerge]1595204620[/automerge]
Yeah, I managed to buy a couple when I was over there working. Still currently using my Jamaica colour band to this day.

Once upon a time, I tentatively daydreamed cashing in a whack of SkyMiles for a quick trip to Tokyo if they were selling these international wovens, or anything new to replace them, this spring/summer.

Didn’t quite pan out.

mikedop

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma

Some of the designs were questionable though, like the Great Britain one, but a lot of the designs were nice and unique.
If you have any you don’t want in 42mm, PM me!
[automerge]1595207557[/automerge]
I had no idea that those Close Your Rings employee bands existed. Anyone have any more info on those? Do all employees get them? I’m definitely thinking about looking for one on Ebay now. They look incredible!
They were rewards to an internal fitness challenge open to all employees down to retail level where you had to close your rings every day for a whole month. The colors are color-coded to the rings.

I’m glad you learned of their existence here! That’s the main goal of the thread :)

mikedop

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
Not as big of a collection as some, and none really all that rare (except for maybe the original Pride nylon band on the watch in the pic). Though, a bunch have been discontinued, as I've been collecting since the first watch was pre-ordered. View attachment 935502
You have Ultra Violet and Blue Orbit, which both resell for quite a lot! I’d say some of those are pretty rare. Teal Tint too. Great taste.

CarlJ

macrumors 604
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
It’s the first rule of Watch Band Club.
And the second.
The third is “Yes, you do need it.”
And then back to “never do the math” for the fourth, fifth, sixth...
Along those lines, I’ve noticed a pattern in collecting circles (not just watch bands), where questions of the form “should I get A or B?” are invariably met by at least one response (if not an avalanche) of “you should get both”.

CarlJ

macrumors 604
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
Not as big of a collection as some, and none really all that rare (except for maybe the original Pride nylon band on the watch in the pic).
At the risk of sounding mean - which is really not my intent, can we please not have this thread turn into another “here’s my whole collection” thread? There’s a place for that in this sub forum, but this thread is intended specifically for the rare bands.

Last edited:

mikedop

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
Chinese New Year 2017
588BD10A-D33E-4852-8623-F1853203EDF1.jpeg

253D4134-9065-4352-B94B-6192AB3D2BB9.jpeg

AB55672F-E738-4163-A6C9-393C6DAC67CA.jpeg

(The Chinese text translates to “Year of the Rooster”)

Never sold in stores. Never given to employees. No press release. Virtually doesn’t exist.

The gold fibers in this band sparkle in the light, and it’s truly a unique band. A lot of the collectors I talked to didn’t even know it existed. It’s not clear what Apple’s plans were for this band, or why it never publicly released.

Sheza

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2010
I didn't think I had any rare bands but I saw the Hyper Grape Sport Loop being mentioned.... so here is my collection which contains said loop! It is my all time favourite band for sure (and is very worn now!)

Bands are lined up in rough order of acquisition... the most recent being the Hyper Crimson / Neptune Green loop.

IMG_1873.jpeg

kashiteiwa

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2020
Chinese New Year 2017
View attachment 935521
View attachment 935520
View attachment 935519
(The Chinese text translates to “Year of the Rooster”)

Never sold in stores. Never given to employees. No press release. Virtually doesn’t exist.

The gold fibers in this band sparkle in the light, and it’s truly a unique band. A lot of the collectors I talked to didn’t even know it existed. It’s not clear what Apple’s plans were for this band, or why it never publicly released.
nah sorry I have one of these too, but you probably have not heard of 4-color rainbow or Apple Park Band.
[automerge]1595239023[/automerge]

Picture no. 1, Apple Park Band, I don't know anybody else got this. RARE.
(not even shown in https://bandbreite.watch)
Picture no. 2, Chinese 2017 year, not released, but I got it.
Picture no. 3&5, I have the complete collection of Rio Olympics 2016 Bands.
Picture no. 4: 4-Color Pride Edition 2016, 4-color rainbow.

Of course I am willing to give all of those up for a boyfriend, clearly I am gay XD. just kidding

I have a lot of other rare ones too.
[automerge]1595239180[/automerge]

Actually, the real rarest bands are probably the solid gold ones that Apple gifted to celebrities (along with the solid gold Apple Watch) when the Apple Watch was first released. Article on that View attachment 935341
I have 5 USA bands XD

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 553
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 555
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    302.9 KB · Views: 493
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 493
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 536
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.