Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Never mind

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2018
Dunedin, Florida
But everything else is, and the same thing can be built with full desktop components in a similar size.

yes, but I like the size, the nice form factor where you can slide it out and insert your card with ease, no Messy cables and it’s nice to have for those who don’t want to build a tower. ?

Bandaman

Cancelled
Aug 28, 2019
yes, but I like the size, the nice form factor where you can slide it out and insert your card with ease, no Messy cables and it’s nice to have for those who don’t want to build a tower. ?
And again, you can build something similar with easily swappable components with desktop parts. This form factor size is nothing new. What’s new is them cramming slower parts into this form factor size for no reason.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
But everything else is, and the same thing can be built with full desktop components in a similar size.
No one is forcing you to buy it, I get it, you don't care for the design and/or implementation. I'm not rying to defend razer, I doubt that I'll buy it, but I do think there's a segment of buyers for this product

Reactions: Never mind

Bandaman

Cancelled
Aug 28, 2019
No one is forcing you to buy it, I get it, you don't care for the design and/or implementation. I'm not rying to defend razer, I doubt that I'll buy it, but I do think there's a segment of buyers for this product
Of course there’s a segment for this, but they could’ve achieved the same thing with desktop components. There’s no reason this form factor size needs to have crappier parts.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
Of course there’s a segment for this, but they could’ve achieved the same thing with desktop components. There’s no reason this form factor size needs to have crappier parts.
Ok, my suggestion is to contact intel and/or Razer then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit:
I'm not trying to defend either one. This product is what it is, and if you don't like it then don't get it.

I still think its pretty cool

Bandaman

Cancelled
Aug 28, 2019
Ok, my suggestion is to contact intel and/or Razer then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit:
I'm not trying to defend either one. This product is what it is, and if you don't like it then don't get it.

I still think its pretty cool
D78-A8424-8732-4999-B15-C-01147-F830211.jpg

Fully modular case. 100% desktop components. My point is that big companies that have all these resources should be able to do the same thing.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
Fully modular case. 100% desktop components. My point is that big companies that have all these resources should be able to do the same thing.
I'm not disagreeing with you. Yet with that said, I still like the concept that razer/intel rolled out.

GoldfishRT

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2014
Somewhere
Speaking of nCase I managed to get an order. I think all but the final two ship dates are sold out already and its been 20 minutes.

I'm not sure I feel super great about spending $250 on a fancy case, and may cancel my order or scalp it on eBay, but it's by far my favorite I've found during research. The thing is, with a desktop, it's not like you interact with the case much, as you do on a laptop. It sits there. Depending on how I decide to build my desk, I may even have a desktop cabinet.

If I cancel I'll go for the admittedly less premium but close-enough Lian Li TU150 - if I build a gaming PC at all. The Mac sticks around for general use - I like it too much. I just want to get my 4k on.

jinnyman

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2011
Lincolnshire, IL
I built similar ITX pc custom several years ago, but eventually went with a proper ATX sized desktop. By going smaller has only a few merits, space saving and design. You loses convenience of adding addtional storage, cooling capacity, future expansion, limit on parts selection due to size etc. To me, mini custom PC kinda defeats the purpose of going a custom PC. I guess it's a cool option for those who care.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.