Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
1. Significant bump in battery life.
2. OLED screen.
3. No chin or Home button.
4. Wireless charging.
5. Faster authentication method than fingerprint scan.
6. Larger screen vertically, so I get more content less scrolling.
7. Allow for bigger size but make easier to grip than Plus.
8. Some unique trait that differentiates it from other phones.
9. 'Hey Siri' without having to plug it in.
10. Redesigned Control Center with more configurability.

Wait.

UnifiedMelody

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2017
Australia
iPhone X is like the perfect iPhone IMO. I usually upgrade every year but honestly, what could Apple do to make us upgrade next year?

Make it faster? I think I’ll be ok with this one when it comes to that.

So, my question is what can Apple do to make you upgrade next year?

faster... its so damn fast i can't even wtf. lololol its the fastest phone ever [alongside iphone 8 and 8 plus]

but yeah asides that they can only improve camera quality to appeal to those who want an all in one device and nothing more nothing less and such... i think we are on the brink of smartphone stagnation because even i myself can't think what they can do [only they'll know]

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I’ll upgrade when my contract is up next September. I was very underwhelmed by the iPhone X and the cost put me off further. If the more sensible option next year is following the previous pricing structure then i’ll upgrade to the latest non X variant device. If not i’ll get an iPhone 8 and take advantage of the discounts.

There’s so little difference between iPhone’s these days it’s becoming less of an incentive to upgrade.

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK
I’ll upgrade my X so I can give my current one to my daughter.

I’m happy with the way it is though. Plus size screen in a none plus body and also similar battery life like my 7 Plus (about two days).

I’m happy for the moment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.