Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

t0rqx

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 27, 2021
Hi,

I recently emailed Tim Cook and received an email back. Never expected an answer. However my email triggered something that they needed to discuss it with me over the phone.

Anyone else had this experience before being called back by him?

What to expect I'd like to read your stories.

Thanks.

t0rqx

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 27, 2021
Has not happened to me but I doubt Tim will be on the other end of the line. I’d expect someone from customer care to listen to what you have to say about whatever it was that you contacted them about.

Yeah no way it's going to be Tim himself.
OK. Hope they actually listen and take action.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Has not happened to me but I doubt Tim will be on the other end of the line. I’d expect someone from customer care to listen to what you have to say about whatever it was that you contacted them about.

Not Tim, but maybe higher than customer care? Maybe an underling.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Sorry I cannot disclose for now.

Sorry I cannot go into details a lot of privacy related issues.
There is a part of me that suspects that the title of the thread is a form of click bait - for, firstly, how can one start a thread with such a title in a forum dedicated to discussion of Apple products, and secondly, how can one start such a thread and place it in the Community Discussion forum, and not expect an immediate, and fascinated, reaction?

I will admit to surprise that this thread has appeared in the Community Discussion section, and not in the sections that are dedicated to - devoted to - actual discussion of Apple products, or Apple and Matters Relating to the Tech Industry, or Apple news stuff.

Moreover, there is a part of me that notes, somewhat irked, - that having received the desired reaction from readers - awe, attention, fascination - that the OP declines to furnish, or to provide, his (or her) readers with any further information, or clarification, which completely contradicts the breezy tone of the original post, where the OP appears to expect others to supply details of their experience of their exchanges with Apple while simultaneously refusing to reciprocate in any way whatsoever.

Nevertheless, I will tender one piece of advice: If the communication from Apple was in response to a specific concern, or issue, I would counsel that you have all of your thoughts, arguments, concerns, comments, arranged in advance.

Thus, I would advise that you make some notes, and write out - print out, if working on your computer, - otherwise, write by hand - a series of points that you wish to have covered in the discussion/exchange, and why you wish to discuss them.

The very act of writing this (either by hand or on screen) is a very good way of organising your thoughts, putting them in sequence, and reminding you of what exactly it is that you wish to say so that you have it to hand when Apple contact you. This will also aid you in keeping your thoughts succinct, and in providing you with a map of what it is that you wish to raise, and how you wish to raise it.

Otherwise, you may run the risk of forgetting what it is that you wish to say - and how you wish to say it - when Apple do eventually contact you, in the excitement of the fact that they have chosen, or decided, to get in touch with you.

Last edited:

t0rqx

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 27, 2021
There is a part of me that suspects that the title of the thread is a form of click bait - for, firstly, how can one start a thread with such a title in a forum dedicated to discussion of Apple products, and secondly, how can one start such a thread and place it in the Community Discussion forum, and not expect an immediate, and fascinated, reaction?

I will admit to surprise that this thread has appeared in the Community Discussion section, and not in the sections that are dedicated to - devoted to - actual discussion of Apple products, or Apple news stuff.

Moreover, there is a part of me that - having received the desired reaction - notes, somewhat irked, that the OP declines to furnish, or to provide, his (or her) readers with any further information, or clarification, which sontradicts the breezy tone of the original post, where the OP appears to expect others to supply details of the experience of their exchanges with Apple while simultaneously refusing to reciprocate.

Nevertheless, I will tender one piece of advice: If the communication from Apple was in response to a specific concern, or issue, I would counsel that you have all of your thoughts, arguments, concerns, comments, arranged in advance.

Thus, I would advise that you make some notes, and write out - print out, if working on your computer, - otherwsie, write by hand - a series of points that you wish to have covered in the discussion/exchange, and why you wish to discuss them.

The very act of writing this (either by hand or on screen) is a very good way of organising your thoughts, putting them in sequence, and reminding you of what exactly it is that you wish to say so that you have it to hand when Apple contact you. It will also aid you in keeping your thoughts succinct, and in providing you with a map of what it is that you wish to raise.

Otherwise, you may run the risk of forgetting what it is that you wish to say - and how you wish to say it - when Apple do eventually contact you, in the excitement of the fact that they have chosen, or decided, to get in touch with you.
Thanks for the advice. Appreciate this.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Not Tim, but maybe higher than customer care? Maybe an underling.

That’s usually the department directly interfacing with customers and used to complaints, feedback and the not so easy going interactions. I also doubt we’re looking at a frontline call center person but regardless hope their feedback is being taken serious.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
That’s usually the department directly interfacing with customers and used to complaints, feedback and the not so easy going interactions. I also doubt we’re looking at a frontline call center person but regardless hope their feedback is being taken serious.

Depends on what's wrong. If it's a technical thing, or a customer service problem, probably what you suggest. But the poster is being mysterious here, so if it's something of a more serious nature, like a bad interaction with an employee or Apple policy, someone higher up could call.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Depends on what's wrong. If it's a technical thing, or a customer service problem, probably what you suggest. But the poster is being mysterious here, so if it's something of a more serious nature, like a bad interaction with an employee or Apple policy, someone higher up could call.

Actually, it might not be anything "wrong", - the OP has never said that it was - but, rather, it could well be a response to seek further details about something that the OP has said, or suggested, or written that Apple may wish to pursue or clarify.

Reactions: Apple_Robert

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
You guys are so childish i love it

I think that there was an element of disbelief from some who posted in response to the OP:

Was he bragging or boasting? Onw wonnders whether this is for real?

And an Apple site - or, rather, on a site discussing Apple, tech, tech related matters, and rumours concerning Apple products - and on a site where a great many posters (and members) admire (and, for some, it goes considerably farther than that), Apple and its products, naturally, there will fascination - doubting fascination, but fascination, when someone posts as the OP did.

Moreover, when someone from the admired company replies, or responds, - or reaches out and makes contact, with an individual, inevitably, this is a topic that will be of interest to many who are members of this community.

This is almost akin to a god - or the representative of a divinity - making contact with a mere human.

Thus, when someone - such as the OP - posts to make this known - about having been contacted by a representative of a company that produces devices and products that have become a core part of the sense of self, the sense of identity, of some (many?) who post on this site, and who are members of this site, there will be absorbed and fascinated interest, and, possibly, no small degree of envy, as well.

However, as some here have observed, Apple do, on occasion, seek to make contact with specific individuals.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.