Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

t0rqx

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 27, 2021
You will get a call from "Executive Relations" which is someone from Tim's staff. I have had several calls from his staff over the years and each time it has been a very good interaction.
What was it about and did they fix any if your issues or took action on your requests?

TechnoMonk

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2022
What was it about and did they fix any if your issues or took action on your requests?
I had emailed Tim couple times, and hey sent me new device for the issues I had Apple to fix. The customer relationship management team also threw in some cool Apple T-shirt, hoodie and a nice thermos with apple logo to keep coffee hot.

Love-hate 🍏 relationship

macrumors 68030
Sep 19, 2021
I think that there was an element of disbelief from some who posted in response to the OP:

Was he bragging or boasting? Onw wonnders whether this is for real?

And an Apple site - or, rather, on a site discussing Apple, tech, tech related matters, and rumours concerning Apple products - and on a site where a great many posters (and members) admire (and, for some, it goes considerably farther than that), Apple and its products, naturally, there will fascination - doubting fascination, but fascination, when someone posts as the OP did.

Moreover, when someone from the admired company replies, or responds, - or reaches out and makes contact, with an individual, inevitably, this is a topic that will be of interest to many who are members of this community.

This is almost akin to a god - or the representative of a divinity - making contact with a mere human.

Thus, when someone - such as the OP - posts to make this known - about having been contacted by a representative of a company that produces devices and products that have become a core part of the sense of self, the sense of identity, of some (many?) who post on this site, and who are members of this site, there will be absorbed and fascinated interest, and, possibly, no small degree of envy, as well.

However, as some here have observed, Apple do, on occasion, seek to make contact with specific individuals.
yeap i hear ya ...we can't know for sure, and , in all fairness, i dont give a **** :)

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
yeap i hear ya ...we can't know for sure, and , in all fairness, i dont give a **** :)
Fair enough, but why the need to respond with an expletive?

I do not subscribe to the adulation of Apple, but I do understand that on a teach site dedicated to discussion of Apple, Apple products, and Apple rumours, the idea that someone from the company should choose to contact an individual by responding to something they have written, is something that many who post here will - almost inevitably - find both interesting, and pretty exciting.

Now, there is a possibility that this is click bait, and I, for one, do not much care for the fact that the OP declined to furnish any further details while clearly expecting those who respond to his original post to write about - and share - their own experiences whenever Apple had deigned to reply to them.

Love-hate 🍏 relationship

macrumors 68030
Sep 19, 2021
Fair enough, but why the need to respond with an expletive?

I do not subscribe to the adulation of Apple, but I do understand that on a teach site dedicated to discussion of Apple, Apple products, and Apple rumours, the idea that someone from the company should choose to contact an individual by responding to something they have written, is something that many who post here will - almost inevitably - find both interesting, and pretty exciting.

Now, there is a possibility that this is click bait, and I, for one, do not much care for the fact that the OP declined to furnish any further details while clearly expecting those who respond to his original post to write about - and share - their own experiences whenever Apple had deigned to reply to them.
hmm i'm kind of vulgar i'll admit, and it's not something i plan to work on for now, i have way bigger deffects :)

Has nothing to do with you mind you, it was just a way to say that I really couldnt care less about the legitimacy of this post, given the amount of fake we see nowdays , spreading all over the internet . I'm done debunking people's lies and self proclaimed medias and stuff

yeap be it apple or another company, being contacted by someone at the top of the structure can be interesting

BeatCrazy

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2011
Hi,

I recently emailed Tim Cook and received an email back. Never expected an answer. However my email triggered something that they needed to discuss it with me over the phone.

Anyone else had this experience before being called back by him?

What to expect I'd like to read your stories.

Thanks.

You're not going to receive a call from Tim, nor anyone 'important'. It will be someone from a team dedicated to addressing 'escalated customer concerns'. My company is huge, and we have a specific team that handles these issues whenever someone emails our CEO.

Will you get a call? Almost certainly.
Will they listen? Yes.
Will they resolve your concern? Maybe. If it's something that can have a definitive resolution (i.e. a refund or tech support) then yes. If it's a philosophical concern or feature request, it will just get passed along and you'll never hear back again.

ovbacon

Suspended
Feb 13, 2010
Tahoe, CA
Anyone posting that they received a msgs, email or letter from "fill in your fav famous person" without an actual screenshot or photo is just full of it.... 5 min of internet fame

Reactions: Ericdjensen

Mac Kiwi

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2003
New Zealand
Hmm, is it not possible theoretically they could get a reply like that if they’d found a big security flaw etc? ( pure stab in the dark )

JtheLemur

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2002
omg I just talked to Tim myself, what are the odds! He told me that they can fix my issue, but the problem is they have a bunch of gold in a bank overseas in a country that is in the middle of a civil war, and it will require capital to extricate the gold and repatriate it to California, and Tim himself is asking for my help! Once they have the gold back, they’ll have the resources to fix my issue, and also they will give me a percentage of the gold as thanks. I’m heading to my bank shortly to wire funds to him. Hopefully you will have the same conversation. Best luck!

Last edited:

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
You got a call? Pff... pathetic. He's coming to my house for some afternoon teatime! Turns out he likes green tea with a squeeze of apple juice, who knew.

No way! My story is similar. But sadder.

Tim Apple said he would come to visit me, to thank me for being a loyal Apple customer for many years.

I said, would love to have you over Tim. I'll make you a nice espresso when you visit, I have a Nespresso!

Tim replied Don't bother, I only drink the coffee from McDonald's.

• Haha
Reactions: decafjava
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.