Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ubullmi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2021
Hello everyone,
I have an iMac classified as obsolete/vintage by Apple and so I had to fix it by myself. The problem was a frozen screen on the startup (grey window with the apple, vertical stripes and weird colours) that has been partially solved with a reballing on the graphic card (AMD Radeon HD 6750m 512Mb).

The problem, now, is that sometimes I see something like "undervoltage" of the screen (brightness reduces and then is restored, in less than a second, resulting in a sort of flashing).

Do you think that I can definitely solve this problem by replacing the graphic card with a new one?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad language.

Nguyen Duc Hieu

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2020
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Hello everyone,
I have an iMac classified as obsolete/vintage by Apple and so I had to fix it by myself. The problem was a frozen screen on the startup (grey window with the apple, vertical stripes and weird colours) that has been partially solved with a reballing on the graphic card (AMD Radeon HD 6750m 512Mb).

The problem, now, is that sometimes I see something like "undervoltage" of the screen (brightness reduces and then is restored, in less than a second, resulting in a sort of flashing).

Do you think that I can definitely solve this problem by replacing the graphic card with a new one?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad language.

You can try replace the LCD backlight Power Board. The spare parts are cheap and can be very easily found.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.