Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zero2dash

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2006
Fenton, MO
There are vids out there of one guy (can't remember his name, I think he's Japanese though), got like 330k on the Castle stage, no cheating.

It is possible on the Gamecube one to use the AR (action replay) to do different things, there have been cheater vids of those people but Lorax and the Japanese guy I'm thinking of - they don't cheat for their scores.

He makes it look soooooo easy too, that's what kills me. ;)

I think my high is like 115k on the Village with Wesker and around 110k on the Village with Krauser. Those two boys...tons of fun right there, so powerful, lots of high priority moves, deal out tons of damage.

Iscariot

macrumors 68030
Aug 16, 2007
Toronteazy
There are vids out there of one guy (can't remember his name, I think he's Japanese though), got like 330k on the Castle stage, no cheating.

It is possible on the Gamecube one to use the AR (action replay) to do different things, there have been cheater vids of those people but Lorax and the Japanese guy I'm thinking of - they don't cheat for their scores.

He makes it look soooooo easy too, that's what kills me. ;)

I think my high is like 115k on the Village with Wesker and around 110k on the Village with Krauser. Those two boys...tons of fun right there, so powerful, lots of high priority moves, deal out tons of damage.

Krauser does a lot of damage, but he's too slow to finish all of the enemies before time is up. HUNK is my #1 choice for getting the job done. As soon as I unlocked mercenaries I five-starred the military base with Leon to unlock HUNK, and then proceeded to 5-star each of Hunk's levels in rapid succession.

I agree that Lorax isn't cheating. On my HUNK runthroughs, just trying to get 5-star and finish (so not getting all time upgrades) I scored 100k+ on castle and got in an ~80 neck snapping spree on village. I've started Krauser and brought in 110k on Castle, again not getting all time upgrades.

Hmm, now I'm thinking about trying for a "top score". All of my HUNK runs have been no-grenade neck-snap-only runs, shooting only the zealots with the masks. I'm going to see if I can clear the whole village in one spree :3

Speaking of making it look easy, a buddy came over after a concert on the weekend (we're night owls) and we played some RE. I was in the wrecking ball room on my first playthrough on the Wii (handguns only), and man did he get a kick out of me systematically clearing out the entire room by neatly suplexing each and every Ganados, all while controlling a room of 8-10 guys with headshots, kicks and legshots.

A little later I used a door to slam+suplex about 10 guys in a row :3

Iscariot

macrumors 68030
Aug 16, 2007
Toronteazy
144k neck-snap-only spree, 149k use any means necessary spree, both on first try :3

edit: up to 159k, 98 max kills in a row spree

zero2dash

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2006
Fenton, MO
Krauser does a lot of damage, but he's too slow to finish all of the enemies before time is up.

I don't have this problem with anyone, let alone Krauser.

Usually by the time (no pun intended) that time's about to run out, enemies are still spawning but it's one here, one there (one or two at a time)...not a crowd.

Bow = 1 hit kill
grenades = 1 hit kill
claw = 1 hit kill (including every boss, +1 bonus point there)
double kick = 1 hit kill

Everything Krauser has (short of a knife swipe) is a 1 hit kill. He's the epitome of a killing machine. ;)

The only thing I don't like about Krauser is he's (apparently) left handed, so his aiming is oriented different than everyone else's and it takes a few minutes to get used to it. :)

Iscariot

macrumors 68030
Aug 16, 2007
Toronteazy
...enemies are still spawning...

That's what I'm talking about — killing all 124 enemies in the time limit. Krauser is fantastic and the easiest/most powerful, but he's not quick enough to break 100 enemies most of the time. Usually I cap out at about 90-95 total with Krauser, even if I pick up all the bonus time.

Also, I've noticed that headshots aren't as effective on village. I don't know how many Ganados are running around there with a big honkin' arrow sticking out of their eye by the time I'm done.

I've only tried "top score" with Krausie and HUNK so far, and HUNK's speed gives him an edge. My Krauser scores are coming in at just over 100k+, whereas HUNK is batting in the 150K+ range. I haven't tried Ada or Weskie yet, and I'm not going to bother with Leon. I think Wesker might end up being the #1 scoring machine as he combines high power and speed at the cost of crowd control, which is something I'm proficient at anyways.

Iscariot

macrumors 68030
Aug 16, 2007
Toronteazy
I believe enemies respawn infinitely in Mercs; there is no cap limit. :) (afaik)

There's a limit of 124 on Village and Waterworld, don't know what it is for Castle and Military Base, but I'm assuming it's the same. After 124 kills, there are no more spawns. That's why there's no video of more than 124 kills!

Iscariot

macrumors 68030
Aug 16, 2007
Toronteazy
You guys are hardcore. A group of totally not-zombie killing maniacs....:eek:

Heh, thanks.

Actually, I don't have a lot of time for games, so I just make it a point to only play games I have an affinity for. RE4 is the only game I've gotten in to all year, and I've only played it through 4 times over the two years I've owned it.

edit: come to think of it, RE4 is the only game I have for the Wii, and I've got maybe 5 GC games.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.