Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 24, 2008
California
Anyone else run into this and find a fix?? I see 9.3.3 is still signed, so tempted to restore, but wondering if there's a simpler fix so I don't have to do all that. I keep hitting Verify but it never goes away. :mad:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    212.4 KB · Views: 321

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 24, 2008
California
So despite the certificate being 1 year I still have to do the same crap of the 1 week one?
Just read into it more and sounds like the first 1 year certs were revoked so they made new ones. This correct?

Last edited:

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 24, 2008
California
For anyone that has the same issue, when I got home I just deleted the Pangu app, restarted my phone and reinstalled the app with Cydia Impactor and its jb again. What a pain, but oh well. :apple: sucks.

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2015
I hope its an isolated problem because if I have to do this every week the jb is less interresting for me.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
I JB the safari way when it was first released.

As a test I've just restarted my iPhone 6 Plus on iOS 9.3.3 and used the Pp App to re JB with no issues.

I'm hoping it's a fluke too.

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
I jb through safari and I just restarted my iPad yesterday and it worked fine.

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 24, 2008
California
I JB the safari way when it was first released.

As a test I've just restarted my iPhone 6 Plus on iOS 9.3.3 and used the Pp App to re JB with no issues.

I'm hoping it's a fluke too.
Tempted to restart to test it, but gotta say I'm scared :confused:.
I jb through safari and I just restarted my iPad yesterday and it worked fine.
I missed the Safari window. Would've been easier.

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
Tempted to restart to test it, but gotta say I'm scared :confused:.

I missed the Safari window. Would've been easier.

Oh I thought that's how you jb since you had the one year certificate. How did you get the one year certificate then?

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I'm hoping I'm an isolated case and this was a fluke.

Happened to me twice too. For now, I'm just using my free 7 day one until this gets sorted out

I'm hoping pangu acknowledges the problem and is working on a fix to properly embed the certificate

The unverified problem doesn't seem to happen until a few hours later. After I first embed the 1 year certificate, I rebooted 5 times and the app was still verified

Reboot the next day and app was no longer verified

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2015
Strange. I have the pangu 1.1 installed over a week and its still mark as verified.

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 24, 2008
California
Happened to me twice too. For now, I'm just using my free 7 day one until this gets sorted out

I'm hoping pangu acknowledges the problem and is working on a fix to properly embed the certificate

The unverified problem doesn't seem to happen until a few hours later. After I first embed the 1 year certificate, I rebooted 5 times and the app was still verified

Reboot the next day and app was no longer verified
Well I'm glad to hear it's not just me seeing this. Have others tweeted to let them know?

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Well I'm glad to hear it's not just me seeing this. Have others tweeted to let them know?

Not sure if anyone has tweeted them, but I saw on reddit that a lot of people are installing the chinese version (which embeds the certificate upon installation) instead of using the english version. A small minority of people are using the 7 day free certificate

Some people are installing both the english and chinese version. They open the chinese app first, which seems to allow them to open the english app (i guess verifies the english app?) and then proceed to re-enable the jailbreak

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 24, 2008
California
Not sure if anyone has tweeted them, but I saw on reddit that a lot of people are installing the chinese version (which embeds the certificate upon installation) instead of using the english version. A small minority of people are using the 7 day free certificate

Some people are installing both the english and chinese version. They open the chinese app first, which seems to allow them to open the english app (i guess verifies the english app?) and then proceed to re-enable the jailbreak
Guess that means time to switch to the Chinese version then.

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2015
When you reboot and in unjailbroken mode, pangu will become unverified

It will stay verified when you're in jailbroken mode
I just tried it, rebooted my iPad, and it's still jailbreak without any issues. Hope it will stay that way.

Is this problem affect many people?

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I just tried it, rebooted my iPad, and it's still jailbreak without any issues. Hope it will stay that way.

Is this problem affect many people?

Not sure how much people it affects, but enough for there to be a few threads on jailbreak reddit front page

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 24, 2008
California
Not sure how much people it affects, but enough for there to be a few threads on jailbreak reddit front page
Curious when we'll see more than us complaining. The fact there's another one means this isn't a fluke on my end. And neither of us is a a newbie at this all.

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
Curious when we'll see more than us complaining. The fact there's another one means this isn't a fluke on my end. And neither of us is a a newbie at this all.

I think you're just a complaining type of person, look what you were like with a bit of 'man flew' :p

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 24, 2008
California
I think you're just a complaining type of person, look what you were like with a bit of 'man flew' :p
lol I don't know about a complaining type of person. I know I can be a grouch or dick as my ex said a few times. Yep, I realize acknowledging the ex part might say a lot about me. :p

Reactions: Will22

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012

I installed the chinese version inv_ent_final_0727 using iFunBox (which is already signed with the Beijing certificate). Afterwards, I install the english version NvwaStone_1.1 using cydia impactor. Open cydia impactor, check the embed certificate option, and tap re-enable jailbreak

Seems to work fine so far, haven't gotten the english version unverified

If the english version somehow gets unverified, supposedly, i can open the chinese version, and then english version will be verified

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 24, 2008
California
I installed the chinese version inv_ent_final_0727 using iFunBox (which is already signed with the Beijing certificate). Afterwards, I install the english version NvwaStone_1.1 using cydia impactor. Open cydia impactor, check the embed certificate option, and tap re-enable jailbreak

If the english version somehow gets unverified, supposedly, i can open the chinese version, and then english version will be verified
That's what I did the first time and never saw the problem. Restored and used the English version only and saw the problem. Apple just replaced my 6+ and its 9.3.3 so jb last night and everything's fine. Here's hoping it was a fluke.

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013

That's what I did the first time and never saw the problem. Restored and used the English version only and saw the problem. Apple just replaced my 6+ and its 9.3.3 so jb last night and everything's fine. Here's hoping it was a fluke.

make sure you install Apple File Conduit 2, and OpenSSH

If you need to do it again, use the newer Chinese one: (using iFunBox or iMazing to install it)

http://download.25pp.com/ipa/jailbreak/inv_ent_final_0805.ipa

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.