Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yun0

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
since the morning before ios 9.3 beta 5 came out, rogers wifi calling deactivated itself & wont reenable. every so often itll say waiting for wifi calling activation, then the toggle will be off again. upon trying to enable it it just shows a blank screen for about 10 seconds then says to contact rogers. it was working fine before on ios 9.3 beta 4 & it died while still on beta 4 before i updated so its not beta 5 or the carrier 24.0.

is anyone elses dead on rogers? or on any other carrier? i havent done anything to my account, its mine & only mine not shared, i did all the obvious like rebooting, resetting network, resetting all settings, trying to activate it on cell data, trying to activate through a vpn (google search told me to). all the same. wifi calling in location services also erased itself.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
since the morning before ios 9.3 beta 5 came out, rogers wifi calling deactivated itself & wont reenable. every so often itll say waiting for wifi calling activation, then the toggle will be off again. upon trying to enable it it just shows a blank screen for about 10 seconds then says to contact rogers. it was working fine before on ios 9.3 beta 4 & it died while still on beta 4 before i updated so its not beta 5 or the carrier 24.0.

is anyone elses dead on rogers? or on any other carrier? i havent done anything to my account, its mine & only mine not shared, i did all the obvious like rebooting, resetting network, resetting all settings, trying to activate it on cell data, trying to activate through a vpn (google search told me to). all the same. wifi calling in location services also erased itself.

Wifi calling still active and working on my phone on beta 5. I'm with Rogers. You can even see in the screenshot in my YouTube thread you recently posted in. (Status Bar shows Rogers Wi-Fi) Which was taken only just over 2 hours ago.

Yun0

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
would u be willing to to risk ur wifi calling by turning it off then trying to reenable it? even rogers is scratching their heads right now. u have rogers carrier 24.0 too right?

gordon1234

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
I'm on Verizon in the US, and it may be thoroughly unrelated, but WiFi calling also stopped working on my phone. It worked fine after installing Beta 5, and worked fine up until today, at which point it just stopped. It still says Enabled, I can turn it off and turn it on again without error - it just doesn't actually route calls. The network name doesn't change to "VZW Wi-Fi" like it's supposed to, and I can't make calls from my house (normal without WiFi calling, sadly).

Restarting and toggling it on and off didn't fix it. I was assuming it was probably a failure of whatever server it tries to connect to on Verizon's end and would sort itself out eventually, but now I'm not sure. I'd be interested to see if this is a wider issue with more people and more carriers.

Reactions: Yun0

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
would u be willing to to risk ur wifi calling by turning it off then trying to reenable it? even rogers is scratching their heads right now. u have rogers carrier 24.0 too right?

I have the carrier version Rogers 24.0 yes.

I'm not sure I'm willing to sacrifice my wifi calling. I have low signal at home and kinda rely on it.

Yun0

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
I'm on Verizon in the US, and it may be thoroughly unrelated, but WiFi calling also stopped working on my phone. It worked fine after installing Beta 5, and worked fine up until today, at which point it just stopped. It still says Enabled, I can turn it off and turn it on again without error - it just doesn't actually route calls. The network name doesn't change to "VZW Wi-Fi" like it's supposed to, and I can't make calls from my house (normal without WiFi calling, sadly).

Restarting and toggling it on and off didn't fix it. I was assuming it was probably a failure of whatever server it tries to connect to on Verizon's end and would sort itself out eventually, but now I'm not sure. I'd be interested to see if this is a wider issue with more people and more carriers.

mine used to as of yesterday randomly silent turn on & hang at waiting for activation then toggle off again, now its just always off. when enabled it instantly pops up twice actually with only the second one being tappable, telling me to contact carrier to activate it.

Sometimes toggling Airplane mode helps.

done that, also toggled between edge/3g/lte, sim pin on/off, removed sim & reinserted, reset network settings, reset all settings, restore to 9.3 b5 as new, restore to 9.3 b4 as new, restore to 9.2.1 as new. all doing it. rogers says they reset my profile multiple times, now im escalated to "senior technical staff".

I have the carrier version Rogers 24.0 yes.

I'm not sure I'm willing to sacrifice my wifi calling. I have low signal at home and kinda rely on it.

thats fine. the chance is fair that urs is still going but might die after toggle & not reactivate. this area of the city is expanding fast & was already pretty poor for coverage, + i live in a basement :/

Last edited:

Suckfest 9001

Suspended
May 31, 2015
Canada

Yup. Mine bombed itself too. When I try to activate it, it says please contact Rogers to enable Wifi calling.

So yeah it's probably a beta bug, if not on Rogers' end right now.

Yun0

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
Yup. Mine bombed itself too. When I try to activate it, it says please contact Rogers to enable Wifi calling.

So yeah it's probably a beta bug, if not on Rogers' end right now.

should be on rogers' end, i did a restore as new to 9.2.1 & it did the same thing.

that be me

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2013
On Rogers and tried to enable WiFi calling for the first time. All goes well until it asks for my address for e-9-1-1.It doesn't accept it and doesn't give a reason why. Cancelling it disables Wifi Calling.

F_PERRON

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2016
Same thing on my side, my wifi calling fido stopped working Thursday morning. I have an iPhone 6 on iOS 9.2.1.

sonsin

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2015
Mine stopped working two months ago. It's on the second level support since mid-February. I'm on Fido. I know Rogers relased a carrier update (23.2) and it fixed most issues for wifi-calling, but Fido didn't realese it so far.

john991

macrumors 68040
Sep 30, 2014
Great White North - aka Canada
Mine stopped working two months ago. It's on the second level support since mid-February. I'm on Fido. I know Rogers relased a carrier update (23.2) and it fixed most issues for wifi-calling, but Fido didn't realese it so far.

I'm on Fido as well with iOS 9.3 beta 5 along with carrier update 24.0 and no go for me.

Just got 2nd level support yesterday so I'll have to wait it out.

Last edited:

Yun0

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
That's what I get and I have no wifi calling

still getting the same thing..& if u try to "reach out" to rogers on their forums like they so kindly invite u to, their robot like moderators just love to merge &/or delete ur posts instead of even replying with a single letter..

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
still getting the same thing..& if u try to "reach out" to rogers on their forums like they so kindly invite u to, their robot like moderators just love to merge &/or delete ur posts instead of even replying with a single letter..

That's crazy it's still not working for some. Mine is still kicking and never got disabled. (Screenshot of my screen viewing the post I quoted. You can see Rogers Wi-Fi. On beta 6)

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    122.4 KB · Views: 247

Hype-149

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
That's crazy it's still not working for some. Mine is still kicking and never got disabled. (Screenshot of my screen viewing the post I quoted. You can see Rogers Wi-Fi. On beta 6)

I've used all the 9.3 beta's and Wifi Calling on Rogers has worked fine in all of them. I'm mostly on Wifi Calling at home and whenever I'm near a Shaw Hotspot. My work blocks the port Wifi Calling uses so I can't use it there.

Yun0

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada

tried going to my local rogers plus, one rep risked his that was still working, to turn it off then back on to see if itll activate. now hes got the problem too, also iphone 6. they tried multiple sim cards & said i wont have to pay for any if none fix the issue, which none did, sims fine.

now im escalated to tier 3..they promise ill get a response in 2 days of whats wrong, or that its fixed. at least i got a reference txt message this time after contacting them again..the live chat rep said im the first one reporting this problem & he was unaware of any issues :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.