Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suckfest 9001

Suspended
May 31, 2015
Canada
tried going to my local rogers plus, one rep risked his that was still working, to turn it off then back on to see if itll activate. now hes got the problem too, also iphone 6. they tried multiple sim cards & said i wont have to pay for any if none fix the issue, which none did, sims fine.

now im escalated to tier 3..they promise ill get a response in 2 days of whats wrong, or that its fixed. at least i got a reference txt message this time after contacting them again..the live chat rep said im the first one reporting this problem & he was unaware of any issues :confused:
Sweet, I hope this gets fixed soon, because I get bad signal in my house. Thanks for actually leaving your house to look into getting this fixed (God knows I'm way too lazy for that).

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
tried going to my local rogers plus, one rep risked his that was still working, to turn it off then back on to see if itll activate. now hes got the problem too, also iphone 6. they tried multiple sim cards & said i wont have to pay for any if none fix the issue, which none did, sims fine.

now im escalated to tier 3..they promise ill get a response in 2 days of whats wrong, or that its fixed. at least i got a reference txt message this time after contacting them again..the live chat rep said im the first one reporting this problem & he was unaware of any issues :confused:

Seems like it's a Rogers issue and possibly not an iOS issue. If it works until you deactivate it and it refuses to activate again, it sounds like the Rogers activation servers for it or whatever are what's messed up.

Good luck actually getting any answers out of Rogers. They aren't exactly the best at these things (or making a website...worst site ever, it only half works most of the time.) Hopefully getting to tier 3 and a reference txt is a sign they may be able to resolve it.

Reactions: Yun0

sonsin

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2015
Mine started to work again this morning. So far every time I tried to activate it it said to contact my carrier, but this morning I was able to select my emergency address and it worked

iop

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2011
I switched from Rogers to Fido a week ago, and wifi calling stopped working on my iPhone 6 (it used to work with Rogers, except for the last few days, maybe). The official response from Fido is they cannot guarantee that wi-fi calling would work on a phone not purchased from them (mine was bought at an Apple store), but they are looking into it.

sonsin

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2015
I switched from Rogers to Fido a week ago, and wifi calling stopped working on my iPhone 6 (it used to work with Rogers, except for the last few days, maybe). The official response from Fido is they cannot guarantee that wi-fi calling would work on a phone not purchased from them (mine was bought at an Apple store), but they are looking into it.

Mine was bought unlocked too, at an Apple premium reseller. To enable it on fido for the first time I had to call there and ask them to include my phone's IMEI on their system. After that I was able to activate it.

But in January it stopped work again and I was only able to activate it again in the beginning the this week. So I'm not sure in witch step you are. They really started to help me when I posted on Fido Community forums. Maybe it can help you somehow

iop

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2011
Sadly, Fido's rep on their forum has told me there is nothing they could do. I've tried asking about adding my phone onto their system, but got no answer. Sonsin, what happened when they put your IMEI on their system? Did it effectively lock your phone to Fido?

sonsin

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2015
Sadly, Fido's rep on their forum has told me there is nothing they could do. I've tried asking about adding my phone onto their system, but got no answer. Sonsin, what happened when they put your IMEI on their system? Did it effectively lock your phone to Fido?

No, it's still unlocked, they just added the IMEI on their system for validation, I believe.

Before getting my IMEI on their system I used to receive the message to contact my carrier, the same one I was having problems for the past three months, but right after they added my IMEI on their system or my account (I think I asked someone in fido's chat to do that) I was able to enter my Emergency Address and it worked.

If the trick of adding your IMEI in your account doesn't work you probably have the same problem I had lately, so it's gonna be harder to find someone over there with good will to help you... usually they say that it won't work on non-Fido phones and bla bla bla, but it's not true.

iop

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2011
Sonsin, thank you very much for your advice! I asked Fido to add my IMEI today, and that did the trick!

For others who may have the same issue: you can tell if Fido has your phone's IMEI when you login into your account on fido.ca. Mine previously said "NON FIDO", and now it says "APPLE". When calling Fido answers, please tell them you have come across people who had IMEI added on their account, and it helped them, so you would like to try it too. They'll be happy to help. Once I had IMEI added, I waited 5 min, restarted the phone and proceeded to enable wifi calling. I do not recommend contacting Fido chat since they go by the script, and I'm not even sure they have proper access to your account.

P.S. I like Fido's phone support. They have pretty good headsets and are all somewhere in Canada (Montreal?), so it's a pleasure talking to them.

sonsin

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2015
Sonsin, thank you very much for your advice! I asked Fido to add my IMEI today, and that did the trick!

For others who may have the same issue: you can tell if Fido has your phone's IMEI when you login into your account on fido.ca. Mine previously said "NON FIDO", and now it says "APPLE". When calling Fido answers, please tell them you have come across people who had IMEI added on their account, and it helped them, so you would like to try it too. They'll be happy to help. Once I had IMEI added, I waited 5 min, restarted the phone and proceeded to enable wifi calling. I do not recommend contacting Fido chat since they go by the script, and I'm not even sure they have proper access to your account.

P.S. I like Fido's phone support. They have pretty good headsets and are all somewhere in Canada (Montreal?), so it's a pleasure talking to them.

Cool! I'm glad it worked! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.