Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Shame I kind of like your alter ego.
LOL, the person wasn't really up on current times - I don't think he realized that I'm not a moderator and haven't been for quite a while.

Sense a lack of humour on MR these days
I've heard that from other members as well, I left for a variety of reasons, one of which is my own well being.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
LOL, the person wasn't really up on current times - I don't think he realized that I'm not a moderator and haven't been for quite a while.

I've heard that from other members as well, I left for a variety of reasons, one of which is my own well being.
My awareness is slipping...and I thought I was talking to God. 😇

Reactions: Queen6

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Ref: Indestructible companions. In Fallout 4 they can’t die, unless a quest which will remain unnamed offers it as an option. However I was bothered that NPC settlers were also indestructible, so I found a mod that allows them to be killed during raids on settlements. This made the game feel a bit more realistic. If you think about it, traveling in a war zone with a loved one while engaging in fire fights would be stressful if they could be killed, more stressful, than just you putting your life on the line. Of course there is always the standby save, if such a thing is required and offered, and you took precautions ready to be reloaded. Another reason why Elden Ring annoys me, its save system. 🤔

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
In the Outer Worlds, the companions are indestructible unless you're playing on the hardest level
Well, I won’t do that! :) Now, playing on normal in TOW, I typically am traveling with 2 companions which makes combat a breeze so far with their heavy armor and heavy weapons. I’m staying in medium armor and weapons. However I have noticed in the Outer Worlds that on occasion, companions do drop, but after the fight they revive. How does this differ from playing on the hardest level? Are they dead dead, not coming back? :oops:

Queen6

macrumors G4
Same. I prefer the easiest level
kind of the opposite...
Screenshot 2023-06-11 095246.png

Then again I tend to play games that are older than trees LOL. Bit like real life, like a bit of character :)

Q-6

Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Same. I prefer the easiest level

kind of the opposite...
View attachment 2242397
Then again I tend to play games that are older than trees LOL. Bit like real life, like a bit of character :)

Q-6
My choice is based on difficulty experienced. My first playthough Cyberpunk 2077 was on normal, second anf third on hard because I could function at the hard level with a bit more caution. It’s when I have to repeat a scenario 5-9 times that I decide it is too much work to have fun. 🤔

Queen6

macrumors G4
My choice is based on difficulty experienced. My first playthough Cyberpunk 2077 was on normal, second anf third on hard because I could function at the hard level with a bit more caution. It’s when I have to repeat a scenario 5-9 times that I decide it is too much work to have fun. 🤔
If a new game to me, I'll opt for the recommended difficulty level. My older favourites generally up the level as they hold few surprises :)

Q-6

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
I heard there was something you can do with a bear - kind of crazy. I'm not sure how explicit the game is, in that regard
It (like CyberPunk IIRC) asks you on first load of character creation if you want nudity in game. I've not gotten far enough to have a romance (I may avoid it to be honest) so I cannot say if the relationship bit is really explicit or not.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
It (like CyberPunk IIRC) asks you on first load of character creation if you want nudity in game. I've not gotten far enough to have a romance (I may avoid it to be honest) so I cannot say if the relationship bit is really explicit or not.

That's good to know - I'm sort of a prude when it comes to that, plus I play games where the wife and kids can easily walk in on me - not a good look
Cyberpunk 2077, as far as I remember, any nudity that occurs in this game is during a sex scene, but it is a cut scene, a 10 sec sequence of mild R rated, some what energetic, whirling first person glimpses of the other person. Mostly it only tells you that a sexual encounter took place.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.