Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
So any 3080ti or 3090 folk try the New World beta? :D
That game was never on my radar anyway and I definitely don't want to be a guinea pig.
I have 4 of them (Kingpin 3090, 3090FE, 3080 FTW3, 3080 Ti FTW3) and do not plan on buying replacements for those things ANYTIME soon.

I saw that Jayztwocents is going to try and replicate the issue and blow up one of his own soon, FOR SCIENCE.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
That game was never on my radar anyway and I definitely don't want to be a guinea pig.
I have 4 of them (Kingpin 3090, 3090FE, 3080 FTW3, 3080 Ti FTW3) and do not plan on buying replacements for those things ANYTIME soon.

I saw that Jayztwocents is going to try and replicate the issue and blow up one of his own soon, FOR SCIENCE.
That is fair, I would hesitate for sure. I am glad it isn't destroying any 6900's, lol.

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego

I'm interested in jayztwocents testing/vid... even if I really don't like his channel. I'm not into mmo's so it wasn't a game I would have purchased. I prefer single player RPG's than any type of multiplayer game... same with VR games. I do more photography/content creation work on my rig than gaming... but I still don't want to think about if a game is safe to play on my 3090. Never kept up with jayztwocents on twitter, but followed him yesterday for this issue.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
Yeah zilch.

Amazon had pushed a patch that fixed a non-issue allegedly, I don't care one way or the other actually and just am a sarcastic old geaser most of the time :p . Actually the more I saw about the game it has actually been peaking my interests.
My wife was a WoW fanatic so I sent her a few links to read over and she was like OMG when are we trying this out ???!!! lol.

We're both actually coutning the days until Ages 4 to release. We used to do lots of Ages of Empires LAN games way back.
We'd host some at the house for my step-son and a bunch of his friends. Now they're all grown and out and all left is my son who doesn't really play with us much but understandable either way here I go rambling.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
In a non-fun turn of events, not 3080Ti related, one of my 3090's bit the dust sitting in a game menu, and not New World. Chatting to a friend about to go in to the game, he sent the invite as usual and screen went blank.
Lots of heart beats and anxiety after I could smell the GPU.
This card had been under water for quite some time that stays in the 40s when active, idle in the low 20's. And pop.

I imeddiately package up to send off as a possible RMA,or repair; it is on the way back for quite a while now. They definitely don't choose to ship back to me with the same gusto that I chose to get it to them with.

So the 3080Ti got piped in to dad's main rig to take over daily duties until "she" gets back. No doubts though, it has been running fantastically and will be moving to my sons rig once I get a 3090 replacement to my own, whenever that may be. sooner than later I hopes.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
In a non-fun turn of events, not 3080Ti related, one of my 3090's bit the dust sitting in a game menu, and not New World. Chatting to a friend about to go in to the game, he sent the invite as usual and screen went blank.
Lots of heart beats and anxiety after I could smell the GPU.
This card had been under water for quite some time that stays in the 40s when active, idle in the low 20's. And pop.

I imeddiately package up to send off as a possible RMA,or repair; it is on the way back for quite a while now. They definitely don't choose to ship back to me with the same gusto that I chose to get it to them with.

So the 3080Ti got piped in to dad's main rig to take over daily duties until "she" gets back. No doubts though, it has been running fantastically and will be moving to my sons rig once I get a 3090 replacement to my own, whenever that may be. sooner than later I hopes.
EVGA card?

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
Dang, that is a bummer, as a lot of folk like the FTW3 cards.
Yeah, it was a Kingpin, never had issues before or after.
My sons has FTW3 card in his daily, wife has FTW3 in hers, my other work machine has a FTW3. I really like their products, just something with this one happened and i'm fairly confident that it will get repaired.
It is more of an inconvenice in downtime than anything for me.
It hasn't shaken any confidence I have with the brand itself though.

Reactions: diamond.g

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Tangentially, I got a 3060ti FTW from Newegg for EVGA "msrp" last week. Haven't built the system for my son for it yet though.

Reactions: maflynn

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
Tangentially, I got a 3060ti FTW from Newegg for EVGA "msrp" last week. Haven't built the system for my son for it yet though.
Nice, I was hitting newegg and bestbuy on and off looking for one, but truth be told, I'm at a point where I'm just not interested in getting one. My gaming needs are such that my RTX 2060 super is ok, and if I want any heaving hitting type stuff I have my xbox x

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Nice, I was hitting newegg and bestbuy on and off looking for one, but truth be told, I'm at a point where I'm just not interested in getting one. My gaming needs are such that my RTX 2060 super is ok, and if I want any heaving hitting type stuff I have my xbox x
Yeah he has a Series S, but plays Minecraft with his friends and for some reason does it on his "meh" laptop instead of the S. Last year he asked to build a PC (cause he saw me do my WC Build) and I agreed to help him.

Reactions: maflynn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.