Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
Toe said:
Now if only they could fix Cingular.

Has anyone else noticed that Cingular sells internet access by the kilobyte? Not MB, KB. Not that anyone in their customer service understands what that means.

I had service with them for one month. The 500 KB that they assured me would be plenty for WAP browsing was used up in two experimental sessions where I looked at a total of two small web pages, and clicked two menu options (without actually loading anything, or so I thought).

Or you can buy Cingular's unlimited internet access for a mere $25 per month. Compare that to T-Mobile, which offers all-you-can-eat internet for $5 per month. Sure it may be slower, but dang! And Cingular's EDGE is hardly blazingly fast.

I was very happy to be free of Cingular. Though not as happy as I was to be free of that awful, awful Sony Ericsson S710a. What a horribly designed phone!
most cell phone companies do, some realize its a big demand so they make it affordable, while eithers just make it too expensive so that nobody could afford it

robeen

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2003
wisconsin
Sweetfeld28 said:
I would of liked Verzion to buy into the iPhone. But i guess Cingular is the best choice now, however they have horrible service in my area.

yeah - sweet dreams. Verizon uses cdma which puts them in a bad spot from the get go - phones seem to always be way behind. Then they have to make the manufacturer disable any feature that might stop them making money (for example being able to copy midi or image files to your phone over bluetooth).

the v710 a bluetooth phone for verizon FINALLY comes out - does it sync with a mac? not to my knowledge.

basically Cingular is mac friendly - verizon is not - that's the bottom line for me, that's why I switched to cingular and I am still very happy after a year (but out of contract already :cool:

neutrino23

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2003
SF Bay area
I haven't yet tried setting up an account with Tiger but previously the Cingular website didn't work at all for me. I'd get shunted off into dead ends and then when I repeated some steps it blocked me by saying I'd already done that. It was so frustrating I stopped trying to use their site.

enero@serpico50

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2005
seems to work in safari on 10.3.9

I logged into my cingular account about 2 weeks ago in safari, just on a whim, and it worked fine, after a year of not working at all!

I was shocked, and all a tingle...

I actually was able to pay my bill one time for once ;)

cbr600rr

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2005
cingular.com is a horrible website that is still slow to load and displayed incorrectly (not logged in). :rolleyes:

Music_Producer

macrumors 68000
Sep 25, 2004
Cingular needs to improve their tech support team.. and the online dept of course. Its annoying enough having to use my pc to access my cingular account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.