Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Did you have any issues updating to iOS 11 on iPhone SE?

• I had trouble at first but tech support/resets fixed it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other problems not specified above

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BODYBUILDERPAUL

Suspended
Feb 9, 2009
Barcelona
Updated from 10 to 11 yesterday and all superb!!! till as speedy as ever - in fact as day one! The A9 in the SE sure is a good one!
On a different subject - I don't get Apple News Notifications anymore as of Wednesday evening. I turned off documents and data to iCloud but I can't see how that would of effected it? Was hoping that ios11 upgrade yesterday would of fixed it?

lbdesign

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2016
So after all this, I tried to update and it was a total non-starter failure. Just a useless non-specific error message (attached), and retrying produced no better results.

Attachments

• IMG_1386.PNG
    IMG_1386.PNG
    94.5 KB · Views: 152

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
So after all this, I tried to update and it was a total non-starter failure. Just a useless non-specific error message (attached), and retrying produced no better results.

What I would do, is disable Wi-Fi on your iPhone SE, power down the iPhone. Then power back on, wait a few minutes, then re-enable WiFi, then try again for the iOS update.

lbdesign

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2016
@Relentless Power , that worked! Now my phone matches my iPad, and I can buy the newer apps again, use the new control center, etc.
So far, so good. It feels like the native apps like Messages, the revised App store, etc, were designed for the larger screens, not this smaller screen... Oh well.

Reactions: 44267547

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
The only issue I've seen with my SE is some of the touch target sizes seem to have been reduced which makes things occasionally annoying on a phone the size of the SE

lbdesign

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2016
I've been happy with the update so far (improved control center, etc). HOWEVER two days ago, I woke up to a plugged-in phone with 15% battery. It was not charging. It was plugged into an Apple supply with an Apple cable, but not charging. I did a reset and so far so good?

andreyush

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2015
A
I've been happy with the update so far (improved control center, etc). HOWEVER two days ago, I woke up to a plugged-in phone with 15% battery. It was not charging. It was plugged into an Apple supply with an Apple cable, but not charging. I did a reset and so far so good?

Any performance slow down? How is battery life?

slapple

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2008
Always ask yourself- is there anything compelling enough in the newest OS that's worth slowing down your phone.

Personally I haven't seen any reason to go past iOS 9

Maybe there's no new feature that I would care about in iOS 11, but the main reason to upgrade would be apps. Sometimes I encounter apps that say "You must upgrade to the latest version" and the older version refuses to run. So then I go into the App Store to update it, and it says "This app only runs on the latest iOS". So at that point I'm forced to update my iOS.

I just heard iOS 12 is coming out soon, so I better update my iPhone SE to iOS 11, to give my apps a bit more lifespan. Maybe iOS 12 will be the one that really slows down the SE, and iOS 11 will no longer be available if I wait too long.

Vivian125

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2017
If you update you risk ruining your battery life. Do you wanna take that risk. If so, by all means go ahead
Maybe because they need Eye Glasses because they dont observe well . Even 30 Minutes difference of battery life is noticeable from iOS 9 to iOS 10
iOS 9 Almost 6 Hours 10/10 Performance
iOS 10 5 Hours 10/10 Performance
iOS 11 3 Hours 7/10 Performance

lbdesign

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2016
Any performance slow down? How is battery life?

I have not noticed any differences in battery life. Although I do tend to plug in during the day, because of conference calls, so I can't give an accurate assessment. I do think it's fractionally slower. I read somewhere that 12 is supposed to be optimized to make old phones faster though?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.